Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

TP Link VR900 Modem/Router - Setup

JH2
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi, I know this has been posted before but I've checked all of the posts/comments (I think!) and I'm still stuck - as many of the posts are a couple of years old now I thought I'd ask again.

Struggling to get my TP Link Archer VR900 to connect - I think I set up everything as expected, received my PPPoE username/pw/Vlan details and carefully entered them but with no success. Referring to previous comments, I made sure the case was correct in those details (including the 'l' and 'I' confusion, spelling of broadband/vodafone etc), rebooted/reset the TP Link several times, tried the ISP as 'Other' and also tried BT, Plusnet etc... but all to no avail. I also noticed that my username started with '?dsl' rather than 'dsl' which seemed common on previous posts... I tried removing the ? but it didn't work.

Any advice on what to try next? I'm going to ask CS to resend the username/pw anyway in case of errors. 

Thanks very much!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Jayach
16: Advanced member

You say you are entering the VLAN details correctly, but what are you using? On FTTC it should be 101. (if required at all)  I would think by selecting the ISP that would already be taken care of. Vodafone seem to often say it is 911 (which would be correct for CityFibre)

The username should definitely not have a ? at the beginning and should end in @broadband.vodafone.co.uk

View solution in original position

2 REPLIES 2

Jayach

You say you are entering the VLAN details correctly, but what are you using? On FTTC it should be 101. (if required at all)  I would think by selecting the ISP that would already be taken care of. Vodafone seem to often say it is 911 (which would be correct for CityFibre)

The username should definitely not have a ? at the beginning and should end in @broadband.vodafone.co.uk

Hi

I think I have it working now! It was on 101, tried 911 and that didn't work either. Decided to retry some of the other ISPs on the list and Plusnet seemed to work for me... it must have not worked before when I was including the ? in my username.

So to answer your suspicions... yes I definitely needed to remove the ? which was in the username given by Vodafone. I was tempted to delete this brief conversation but I might keep it up here in case anyone else finds it useful.

• ISP: Plusnet_VDSL
  • VLAN ID: 101
  • Username: dsl123456789<at>broadband.vodafone.co.uk  (* no '?' at the start)
  • Password: (as provided)

Thanks very much indeed for your quick help! Another case of Vodafone providing inaccurate usernames!