Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

TP link Deco m5 and Vodafone router

1rtomlinson
2: Seeker

Hi 

I've just switched over today successfully from plusnet.  Speed seems pretty much what I was expecting so that's fine.  However I'm having some issues opening certain apps or apps not opening or refreshing first time i.e. banking, weather. 

I've configured the Deco unit the same way I configured it with the Plusnet router by turning off Wi-fi and connecting via ethernet.  I have 3 Deco units which are all working.

Just wondering if anyone is running the same setup?  Did you change anything apart from turning of wi-fi on the Vodafone router.  All my settings will be default.

It could just be the broadband settling in for the first few days however it's not dropping connection to the internet and the speed seems pretty consistent.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks 

2 REPLIES 2

1rtomlinson

Hi 

Just an update on this if anyone has the same issue.  I've added Google DNS to the IPv4 and IPv6 sections on the Deco and it seems much better now.  Not sure if there was an issue with default Vodafone DNS settings.

Thanks 

Anonymous
Not applicable

you really need to log into the Deco and set it up to work as an access point to avoid "double NAT".  That said it's hard to find a reason not to change the router DNS from VF as their DNS has way too many issues!