Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

TalkTalk Freeview Box

SkinnyDogg
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hello,

We are currently with TalkTalk for our fibre and now out of contract. I would like to switch to Vodafone, but on our main TV we currently use the TalkTalk Freeview box. Naturally, we will no longer be able to get any of the TalkTalk TV addons, but will the Freeview element and catch up apps still function the same? I'm pretty sure they will, but just wanted to confirm before flicking the switch.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

johnniegif
4: Newbie

Hi. All YouView / YouView+ boxes will work with any ISP for basic Freeview viewing and recording. As you mentioned, you won't be able to buy the streaming add-ons from TalkTalk. iPlayer, All4, ITV Hub etc. apps will still work.  If you have a Netflix subscription (direct with Netflix) you can use the app on your YourView box to view their service. If you have a Now TV Cinema pass (direct with Now TV),  you can use it on your YouView box. There was talk of Now TV entertainment coming to YouView boxes, but I'm behind the curve on that. You should also continue to receive firmware updates for your YouView box when TalkTalk publishes them, regardless of your ISP.

I hope this helps put your mind at ease. I just left TalkTalk for Vodafone and I'm not regretting it.

View solution in original position

2 REPLIES 2

johnniegif
4: Newbie

Hi. All YouView / YouView+ boxes will work with any ISP for basic Freeview viewing and recording. As you mentioned, you won't be able to buy the streaming add-ons from TalkTalk. iPlayer, All4, ITV Hub etc. apps will still work.  If you have a Netflix subscription (direct with Netflix) you can use the app on your YourView box to view their service. If you have a Now TV Cinema pass (direct with Now TV),  you can use it on your YouView box. There was talk of Now TV entertainment coming to YouView boxes, but I'm behind the curve on that. You should also continue to receive firmware updates for your YouView box when TalkTalk publishes them, regardless of your ISP.

I hope this helps put your mind at ease. I just left TalkTalk for Vodafone and I'm not regretting it.

Hi. Thanks for the info. That's what I thought, but just wanted to check! Thanks