main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Other broadband queries

Terrible Support - Static IP

Highlighted
4: Newbie

Ive requested a static IP.

No problem they say, you'll get an email telling you its all done and what it is.

I did, but static IP not working.

On phone, support dont seem to understand but re order static IP and assure it will work within 2-24 hours.

Nope. Back to support.

Sorry it there was a tech issue and it didnt go through but ive reordered and it will 100% work you have my word.

Nope. Infact got email to say Id requested static IP to be removed.

Back to support.

Ive reordered a static IP for you and it will go live in 2-24 hours, you dont have to do anything and I promise you it will work without problem this time, you have my assurances on this.

Nope.

So now what?

Im at the point of thinking of cancelling vodaphone. Ive had absolutley no problems in the last 2 years but this is rediculas. 

Does anybody have a contact number for a proper tech support? The first line support are useless (india??) I need to talk to someone english that I can explain and get guarrentees.

Thanks

View more options
13 REPLIES 13

Any moderators help?

View more options
2: Seeker

Browsing the forum, I get a distinct feeling that, although Vodafone are capable of allocating a static Ip address (they did so for me yesterday with no problem getting it assigned and communicated to me), the only thing I can see that does work is a ping to the static IP address from another network provider. 

Some users claim to have port forwarding working.

I can find no ports open and that includes ports that I have opened to access my services remotely.

View more options

Sorry to ask the obvious question: Did you restart the router?

View more options

I have but I was told I didnt have to.

Also asked if I needed to change settings in router, again said no.

6th time they have added, removed and added the ip. 2 promised return calls not happened.

Absolutely disgusting customer service.

Email this morning again to say it's gone live, it hasnt. So I guess yet another call to sort.

Either that or I'll just leave cause I'm sick of it now.

View more options

So when you say the static ip address doesn't work, are you not getting the address that they tell you you have been allocated, or is the ip address not static (i.e. still in the dynamic ip address block)?

View more options

They say it shows as static at their end but my router is connected to a different ip to the one they say and it changes if I reboot router.

They are saying from their end all looks ok.

I've asked multiple times if I need to change amy settings but they said no they do everything.

View more options

Sounds like they have mixed up your account with someone else's. If you can ping the static ip address you have been allocated, then clearly someone has that address and it's not you.

View more options

This is the 6th time they have done this. Each time I ring all they want to do is disable it then re enable it. Clearly this isnt working but it appears that's the depth of their knowledge. 

The last activation email is blanked out where it should tell me what the static ip is. So I dont even know what it should be!! But I've rebooted my router and the ip changed so it's still not sorted. It would help if they was english too. I get the feeling when I speak with them that they are just reading from a script. If I ask something not on the script they cant answer!!

View more options

I was lucky and had a much more postive experience than you when I requested my static ip address. What I would suggest when you call them again is to get them to check your ip address on the live system (the one allocated to the mac address of your router at the time of the call). It should show them it is not the static ip address that you have been allocated and hopefully they will be able to take it from there.

View more options

I'll try but to be honest I dont hold out much hope.

Thanks

View more options

OK another hour on the phone and no further on.

Not only that but my recontract didnt go through so had to do that again!

So Im now told the IP is working at vodafones end but they cannot tell me how to use it!!!!

All they do is enable it, they dont offer tech support to get it working at my end.

My router is still connecting to dynamic IP.

So Im about to give up.

View more options

I would take advantage of their failure to renew your contract and go elsewhere.

View more options

stop the press!

Chat No. 8 seems to have done what all the others said couldnt be done!

The static IP was reset (again) but this time my router disconnected but wouldnt reconnect for about 10mins, then finally when it did it had the IP they have given me!!

Not dared reset router yet to make sure it stays, but I will later when I get a min.

fingers crossed.

View more options