main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Other broadband queries

Terrible broadband speeds

1: Seeker

I'm paying for 76mbps broadband speeds with a guaranteed minimum of 63mbps. I am currently getting no more than 30mbps. I have contacted customer services on 3 occasions just to be told to do different things which I have done and has not increased my speed. I was told that I have 70mbps coming into the box so why am I not getting that on the speed test? I'm not happy and thinking about changing if I'm not getting the speed I am guaranteed

View more options
7 REPLIES
Administrator

@Nicolequick93 Are you testing these speeds over a Wi-Fi or wired connection? 

Please provide us with some wired speed test examples so we're able to take a closer look. 

View more options
8: Helper

@Alexwrote:

@Nicolequick93 Are you testing these speeds over a Wi-Fi or wired connection? 

Please provide us with some wired speed test examples so we're able to take a closer look. 

Alex, what do you envisage happening when you "take a closer look"? Would you like me to explain my experience of this loop?

@THe poster, your speeds are poor because Vodafone are over capacity on their circuits, which they're anything but transparent about.

Your line is syncing at maximum speed, as was mine, which indicates no issues with your line at all. More the problem is the fact that the circuits Vodafone run after that point are insufficient to deal with the number of users trying to use their service. There's nothing you can do barring moving to a provider that re-invests its profits to infrastructure.

For comparison, my speeds:

Vodafone - 0.2mbit - 15mbit peak, 15mbit - 25mbit off peak.

BT - 50mbit - 60mbit peak, 60mbit - 70mbit off peak.

View more options
1: Seeker

I have tested via Wi-Fi and wired connections

View more options

Thanks for getting back to us @Nicolequick93. As @Alex has previously mentioned we'd like you provide us with some screenshots of your speedtests so we can look into this with you further. 

View more options
2: Seeker

My broadband has been terrible from the day it was installed, reported it and told to wait 7-10 days fr it to settle then again and told it could take 30 days to setlle and again and again and again. The last time I spoke to customer service i was asked if i could unscrew the covers off the phone socket and fit cables direct into the wall. I refused to do this and was told they could not help me until i done this so they could monitor it for 7 days. I'm not stupid and could have done this but what if i was a 70  year old customer. It is not my job and i am sure health and safety would agree you never ask a customer to remove covers. I'm paying for 76mbps and funnily enough if i check on my VF broadband app it says im getting 78mbps. I have included a screen shot from Ookla of the test i just done and reading other posts i am sure i am going to be asked to try it with a cable in but that wont sort out the issue unless i run cables all round the house. I never had this problem with BT or any other provider. If my son is n his PS4 in his room the test on there is saying less than 2 mbps. I have given VF a dozen times to sort this out and its still the worst BB i have ever had and simply im not getting what i am paying for. I cant even skype for work. Just for the record i have already done all the setting changes that i was asked to do.

Capture.PNG

View more options

Thanks for getting in touch @gmbh, we're really sorry to hear you're having trouble with your broadband speeds and know how frustrating this must be.

Removing the faceplate and connecting directly to the master socket is one of our standard troubleshooting steps, so I'm sorry if you didn't feel comfortable doing this.

Are the speeds you're getting just over Wi-Fi, or have you tried a wired connection too? Get back to us and we'll be happy to help in any way we can.

View more options
2: Seeker

Hi there, thanks for getting back to me and i havent tried a wired connection because if you read my thread even if i got 700 mbps wired it wouldnt solve the fact that everything in my house is wireless and the router is at the bottom of my stairs. At the top of my stairs is my sons bedroom where his PS4 is saying roughly 3mbps and my laptop and TV in the room next to the router is constantly buffering. It is by far the worst wifi i have ever had and i want to cancel it. As i said already i have had nothing but problems since day 1.

I have spoken to customer services several times, changed all the setting and its still terrible. Surely considering the amount of complaints on here about VF broadband they should send their customers a booster of somekind as at the moment i will never buy it again or recommend it

View more options