main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Other broadband queries

Tree causing issues?

Highlighted
2: Seeker

Hi - my Vodafone BB has been fine since I got it a year ago until recently. Now my internet connection is dropping frequently and cutting out and has dropped in speed too. i have noticed this is worse when its windy - which led me to notice that the neighbours tree now has branches which touch the telephone cable frequently (the cable is from the pole to top of my house.) could this be causing my issues and if yes - should i raise with Vodafone or Openreach or my neigjbour? its a massive tree so wont be a quick or cheap job to address.. thsnk you in advance

View more options
2 REPLIES 2
17: Community Champion

I suppose this could be affecting your services @storeyboy10 

Weather Conditions can also affect services too.

If it is the tree then as this is most probably outside of Vodafones remit I think you would need to broach this with the neighbour.

In some circumstances a tree cannot just be pruned / trimmed and also a professional tree surgeon is sometimes needed.

Current Phone > Samsung Note 10+ 5G _256Gb > Model: SM-N976B.

Samsung One Ui  / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch.

View more options
17: Community Champion

Hi @storeyboy10 

If the branches are a potential safety issue or affecting your broadband reception, this will come under Openreach. Here is the link you need:  Openreach Contact Us 

With the the branches touching the cables if you go for safety you are more likely to get something done.

As you can see from the link above you need to contact your service provider.   Please see here:  Broadband Contact Us

View more options