Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Trying to connect my Netgear EX6100 wifi extender to my new router

CathyJC
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

The Netgear extender worked perfectly on my old non-Vodaphone router, and it works perfectly on a friend's BT router. I have followed written and online instructions for connecting it to my new router, but nothing happens. There is no evidence (ie no light) to indicate that the router's WPS button is functioning.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Jayach
16: Advanced member

Assuming you have reset the router to it's default settings, both the router and Wifi password should have reverted to those printed on the bottom of the router. Obviously if you had changed the WiFi password when you changed the routers password (as the router suggests you should do when you log in) then any devices using the previous password will not connect.

When trying to configure a router after resetting, because the default passwords are so complicated, I like to create a text document so I can copy and paste them without having to refer to the router all the time.

Have you actually logged into the router?

View solution in original position

6 REPLIES 6

Jayach

Assuming you have the THG3000, pressing the WPS button should set the WiFi LED blinking, as should the "Pair" function from the routers firmware.

Make sure the WPS function is enabled.

WPS.jpg

Thanks for the quick response.

How can I ensure that the WPS is enabled? All I have is a WPS button on top of my router - no lights or other WPS switches.

OK, found the website ... and it turns out I've changed the original password but the new one that I'd noted isn't working! Perhaps there was a typo when I first changed it. 

Any idea how I can reset that ... PLEASE!

(Can you tell I'm not a techy?)

Jayach

To reset the router to it's default settings, hold the reset button on the back in for at least 10 seconds.

Thank you so much - my Netgear has now magically connected itself to my router.

However, I'm now struggling with the password. I've reset the router - I believe - so assume the password printed underneath is operative again.

However, it is not allowing me to connect my devices. I've tried so many things I no longer know what I've done or not done.

Jayach

Assuming you have reset the router to it's default settings, both the router and Wifi password should have reverted to those printed on the bottom of the router. Obviously if you had changed the WiFi password when you changed the routers password (as the router suggests you should do when you log in) then any devices using the previous password will not connect.

When trying to configure a router after resetting, because the default passwords are so complicated, I like to create a text document so I can copy and paste them without having to refer to the router all the time.

Have you actually logged into the router?