main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Other broadband queries

UK IP Indian Content

Highlighted
2: Seeker

My IP is shown as London but Twitter content is for India and my LinkedIn also shows I am signed in from India through Vodafone India. I have contacted support and they tried to change my IP to dynamic and this hasn't helped. I beleive Vodafone is routing some custormers through India and this is the reason causing the problem. If there is not solution I guess I have to switch ISP. Appreciate if anyone has found any solution for this. Just to be clear I am not of Indian heritage, have not business or personal links to India, do not follow Indian news and cinema and do not use Indian VPN.

Thank you.

View more options
6 REPLIES 6

My IP is shown as London but Twitter content is for India and my LinkedIn also shows I am signed in from India through Vodafone India. I have contacted support and they tried to change my IP to dynamic and this hasn't helped. I beleive Vodafone is routing some custormers through India and this is the reason causing the problem. If there is not solution I guess I have to switch ISP. Appreciate if anyone has found any solution for this. Just to be clear I am not of Indian heritage, have not business or personal links to India, do not follow Indian news and cinema and do not use Indian VPN.

Thank you.

View more options
15: Advanced member

The geolocation info that data providers use based on IP addresses comes from third-party databases (ie not held by Vodafone), and it's these that are increasingly out-of-date.  It's a situation that is not going to get any better at least until Vodafone transition to IPv6 (they are testing this - in the usual VF slightly incompetent manner).

What can you do?  Petition the data providers to get the databases updated, or better still use more reliable means to identify user locations.  There is always the possibility of using a VPN (though the benefits of these are overblown).

View more options
3: Seeker

+1 for this issue. My IP has changed many times but the issue persists.

View more options

I had the exact same issue, support were not very understanding and I had to insist my ticket was passed to a technical team and they finally assigned me with a static IP in a different range which fixed my issue.

View more options
15: Advanced member

Just a few quick tests here using the VPN abilities of SmartDNS, and I can't replicate your problem - even setting my exit point in Aukland NZ I'm only losing a couple of Mbps.

View more options

Hi, Thanks for the suggestion of using smartDNS, I purchased a subscription to test their VPN but getting the same issue even when trying all the different prototcols. Max speed I got was 20mb, yet again when I switched to my phone hotspot it was super quick and barely lost and speed.

View more options