Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Unable to access USB drive using Mac OS 10.14.6

MJSC
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hello,

I have inserted my Sandisk USB Ultrafit into the USB port on my Vodafone router. The USB drive is visible; please see attached screen grab. Samba is on.

I was hoping I could then click on the UNC path - 

\\vodafone.broadband\SanDisk_UltraFit_1_3e4a ( it does not appear clickable )

And browse the content on the USB drive but the above 'link' cannot be clicked nor does pasting the UNC path into the Chrome or Safari browser address bar then allow me to browse the content on the drive

The USB drive worked fine on my mac when linked to my previous TPLINK router up until a few weeks ago. I could browse content in Finder and my browser. The USB drive works fine when attached to my Mac.

Any ideas ? Thanks...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Alex882
6: Helper

You need to mount the external drive.

Open a Finder window and press ⌘K to show the Connect to Server window. Under server address, enter

smb://192.168.1.1/

Press Connect.

In the next screen where it asks for the name and password to connect as, select Guest and press Connect. Hopefully this will connect and show you the contents of your remote drive.

View solution in original position

2 REPLIES 2

Alex882

You need to mount the external drive.

Open a Finder window and press ⌘K to show the Connect to Server window. Under server address, enter

smb://192.168.1.1/

Press Connect.

In the next screen where it asks for the name and password to connect as, select Guest and press Connect. Hopefully this will connect and show you the contents of your remote drive.

Alex882 - your suggestion worked like a charm.. many thanks !