Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Ask

Solution

Unable to see my Synology NAS on LAN with Vodafone Broadband

R80PAL
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I have just signed up to Vodafone Broandband, when connecting my Synology NAS drive to the back of the router via ethernet I am unable to see my device. I have tried to discover the device but still no joy, can anybody help?

It works fine with my old Talk Talk Router.

48 REPLIES 48

TJ
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Fab! Thanks for the information @BonVivant, it could be useful to other Community members who might be having a similar issue šŸ‘

I have the same issue with mybooklive drive

Worked line on the ethenet cable on Virgin router...Vodafone gigafast router cannot see it ...

Been trying various solution, vodafone support say 3rd party so cant help. But when I placed the ordred they assured me it would be setup and would work before the installers left.

they couldnt do anything because of a LDAP error at the server, so I was without broadband for most of the day...

then the phone line "wasnt provisioned".

on the upside the wifi speed is good

Can you point me in the right direction to get mine working too please

Rgds

Karen

Hi Karen

As per my earlier input to the forum, I was unble to connect my WDEX2 4TB NAS drive direct with the new Vodafone router, and despite a number of calls to the Vodafone support team they were unable to help. My solution was to repurpose my previous router as an Access Point to my home network, and connect the NAS, via ethernet, to one of the ports on the old Router.

Its been working fine for a couple of months now, and I can access all my data via the net, irrespective of my physical location.

I would suggest the easiest option for you is to repurpose your old Virgin router, configure as an Access Point and reconnect your NAS drive.

One point I am aware of is that Virgin do have a habit of trying to lock down access to the functionality of the box, I have an old Virgin Router that I used previously as an Access Point, but there are a couple of very good postings on the web on how to hack the settings. Let me know if you need the links and I'll dig them out,

Best of luck, and yes on a positive note, the speed has not been an issue for me since I migrated to Vodafone from TalkTalk - and its cheaper šŸ˜‰

Cheers

Garry

Hi Karen, did you find a solution to this problem? I also have just moved to Vodafone and my MyBook Live drive is not working, which is annoying.

I have joined today and have this exact same issue, please can you share the fix for NAS drive connected to a LAN port? Mine is also a Synology. Thanks in advance....

Hi, I have the same issue with a samsung 472 NVR, worked fine with sky router.   I can ping it fine and see it with the wisenet search, but cannot connect.  tried static & dynamic IP addresses.   What are the options ?   thanks.

CrimsonLiar
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

So, you should probably start a new thread on this.  NVRs and NAS are not quite the same thing, and when you say you've tried both dynamic and Static IPs, do you mean within the LAN or on the WAN port.

If you don't use u#UPnP on the router (which I'd suggest you don't unless there is no other choice) then you'll probably need to perform some port forwarding to the NVR!

A brief update in case it helps anyone else....tried the old sky router, not connected to the Internet,  reset ip on nvr to 192.168.0.33 and gateway to 192.168.0.1. Worked fine.

Changed vodafone router from 192.168.1.1 to 192.168.0.1, it rebooted automatically,  reconnected nvr to this and it worked. No idea why.  Might be worth a shot if you have similar issues.

Good afternoon. I am re-opening this old thread as I have the exact same issue. Following house move, my NAS (synology DS923+) is no longer accessible through Windows File Explorer. I have managed to make it temporarily visible though but it doesn't seem to be a robust fix and I can't access to its files via this method since I plugged it to the Vodafone Router.

Thank you in advance for any guidance into resolving this issue.

thisisgazza
1: Seeker

Hi,

I'm also experiencing the same issue. Did you find a solution?

Thanks

Andy