main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Other broadband queries

Unacceptable speeds in the evening

2: Seeker

We have the same issue. Gets horribly slow around 18:00 then get's better at about 23:00. Raised with Tech2 over a week ago and had an engineer take a look last Monday (which I can only assume was at the exchange) this was advised that there was an issue fixed by engineer.

Yesterday Vodafone have closed the case saying that the is now resolved, and it was fine for an hour, in the meantime I received a call from the complaints team as I opened a complaint last week.

And now the problem persists. Speeds hovering around 20Mbps right now, and will only get worse. Bearing in mind we are paying for the 38Mbps package. Completely unacceptable that this is apparently now "resolved" and clearly a network wide issue with all the the complaints in here.

This needs a wider PR response acknowledging there is an issue rather than Vodafone relying on us as a customer to get in touch with support. Why should we as paying customers waste any more of our time? This isn't out problem, it's Vodafones.

View more options

@Tom1301 It's really disappointing to hear you're still having problems with your broadband speeds.

If you'd like to raise this to us again for further investigation, I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch.

We'll then forward your query to our Broadband team, so they can take a look into any issues that could be affecting your speeds.

View more options

@bargibargiwrote:

Currently going through the same. 76mb broadband and less than 20mb in the evenings.

Changed from BT recently which was always 60+

Jafazor, can you tell me how you setup your speedtest logging?

Hi. I was offline for a two weeks. On 09/02 I spent over two hours on the web chat with advisor, trying to cancel my service and I said about cancellation on the beginning of the conversation. After whole process of troubleshooting line (again) I learned that cancellation cannot be done via web chat and I need to make a phone call to do so. Next day I managed to cancel my service, and asked Talk Talk to take over the line. On 12/02 TT emailed me with info about some problems. On 13/02 TT said ihat they were unable to take ovet my old line therfore my order was canceled. I've created a new order for new number but earliest available date for connection was 02/03.. In the mean time 15/02 Vovafone disconect me from the internet so for two weeks I had to tether from my mobile. BTW interesting experience having 3GB of data for two weeks. TT service went live on 01/03 at 17:30 and straight away i can see the difference. If anybody is interested results are here:

speedtest_TT.csv

I will keep this running for two weeks and after that will kill the process.

@bargibargi

Here is nice tutorial how to log your internet speed using raspberry pi. I modified this to run on my Ubuntu server, sorry do not have a solution for windows.

Raspberry Pi speedtest

And I still waiting for return envelope/bag/box to send back Vodafone router.

View more options
3: Seeker

I have complained again, im waiting for someone from their team to contact me, according to Vodaphone TV advert they guarntee your broadband speed or will work on the issue untill its fixed. WHY o WHY Do vodafone Lie, on a nation TV advert ...!!!!!! ARRRRRRRR i cant wait till i can leave. 

View more options
Highlighted
4: Newbie

Have 80 mbps till 4pm then less than 1mbps from 4pm to 12am. Had 3 tickets open and still no reply 

View more options

Hi,

Having the same issue. 

Using the Vodafone modem router, which is then connected to an asus router (x2) so that the wifi is accessible across the house - the main one is in a cupboard so the signal is rubbish alone. 

Last night speeds were ridiculously low.  Streaming services wouldn't work - Apple TV, Roku etc. and Sky TV was having problems too.  Around 11:30pm last night it was back up to 45mbps and was consistent throughout the day - usually between 45 - 47 mbps.  This evening it has dropped again to anything between 2 - 10mbps - on both WiFi and wired connections (tested it with an ethernet plugged directly into the Vodafone modem router - and not using either of the ASUS routers). 

It becomes strange however, when tested using a VPN - the speed then goes *up* to around 30mbps - still not what it should be, but still significantly more than what it's managing without.  Has anyone else encountered this?

Spent over an hour on the phone to Vodafone this evening, who said to try changing channels, wanted to take the front off the socket to run a test etc. 

They could not explain why there was a difference in speed when using a VPN (the speed would ordinarily go down when using one) - they said they don't support them and therefore aren't trained in that area.  It has been progressed onto their Tech 2 team, who they've said will call in the next couple of days.  

In the meantime, I'm waiting to see if anything changes in the next couple of hours - but wondered if anyone had the same issue (re. VPN), or had any other potential solutions (other than to leave... it's a new line - more than the 10 days they tell you to allow, but still within 30 days)

Edit:

I've been running speed tests over the last hour - 4 in total (attached screenshots of 3, as that's all it allows) - nothing has changed in terms of setup, location etc. but it seems the later it gets, the faster the speed.

We managed to get to the bottom of the issues we were having by removing devices then adding back one at a time.

Turns out it was the homeplugs we have and more people being at home after 18:00 using more applicances.

I reset the homeplugs and set up again. All fine since then!

View more options
8: Helper

@helen_pwrote:

Hi,

Having the same issue. 

Using the Vodafone modem router, which is then connected to an asus router (x2) so that the wifi is accessible across the house - the main one is in a cupboard so the signal is rubbish alone. 

Last night speeds were ridiculously low.  Streaming services wouldn't work - Apple TV, Roku etc. and Sky TV was having problems too.  Around 11:30pm last night it was back up to 45mbps and was consistent throughout the day - usually between 45 - 47 mbps.  This evening it has dropped again to anything between 2 - 10mbps - on both WiFi and wired connections (tested it with an ethernet plugged directly into the Vodafone modem router - and not using either of the ASUS routers). 

It becomes strange however, when tested using a VPN - the speed then goes *up* to around 30mbps - still not what it should be, but still significantly more than what it's managing without.  Has anyone else encountered this?

Spent over an hour on the phone to Vodafone this evening, who said to try changing channels, wanted to take the front off the socket to run a test etc. 

They could not explain why there was a difference in speed when using a VPN (the speed would ordinarily go down when using one) - they said they don't support them and therefore aren't trained in that area.  It has been progressed onto their Tech 2 team, who they've said will call in the next couple of days.  

In the meantime, I'm waiting to see if anything changes in the next couple of hours - but wondered if anyone had the same issue (re. VPN), or had any other potential solutions (other than to leave... it's a new line - more than the 10 days they tell you to allow, but still within 30 days)

Edit:

I've been running speed tests over the last hour - 4 in total (attached screenshots of 3, as that's all it allows) - nothing has changed in terms of setup, location etc. but it seems the later it gets, the faster the speed.

It won't speed up when you're on VPN, unless you're testing a different path, i.e your VPN concentrator is reporting it's connectivity to the speedtest.

My line is dire tonight:

It's futile. 

View more options

What u mean by home plug as I’d like to try this?did u buy a new socket box?

View more options

I have spoken to so many people at Vodafone its unreal. They promise to help but they do nothing about it. Recently i spoke with a lovley girl called Ruth. Ruth sounded like she was trying to help me resolve my issues however upon me asking for an update on the technical ticket i raised the response i recieved was astounding. Vodafone explained words to the effect of  " Update from ticket, the issue is with the customers wifi get them to reboot their PC in safe mode and send some screen shots of ping script" 

At no point has anyone from the technical department phones or attemted to call me to try and resove this issue, its pointless trying to get any help becuase they just dont listen. I have explined and explained the issue is not Wifi its with a wired connection. 

The current TV add states, Vodafopne guarantee your minimum speeds or they will work with you to help resolve the issue, Vodafone, now your telling us all you will work with us to resolve our issues, time to put your money where your mouth is. Currently your TV advert is a blatant LIE!!!!!! 

View more options

Attachments

I assume by homeplugs, you mean Powerline adaptors that you plug into your power sockets?

If so then you've been completely misinformed. Powerline adaptors work within your house power sockets only.

Unless you're living in a massive shared house you won't be affected by "other peoples appliances"

Read more about it here https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/8-things-powerline-adapters-need-know-first/

It's really poor and dissapointing the support from Voafone. The helpdesk people don't know what they're talking about and misinform people.

I really do wish I'd stuck with BT now, I didn't think it'd be this bad.

====================================

We managed to get to the bottom of the issues we were having by removing devices then adding back one at a time.

Turns out it was the homeplugs we have and more people being at home after 18:00 using more applicances.

I reset the homeplugs and set up again. All fine since then!

View more options

Well my internet has completely gone.red flashing light all day and night.thay say it’s my line and tech 2 team be intouch.we will see.

View more options

This is a test.

I've tried posting the speed test results of my internet connection for the past two weeks and both times the posts have never appeared.  Might be because  of the html code for the images....

View more options

Still heard nothing still no internet.on my mobile data at mo

View more options

Best way to get there attention, go on twitter and tell everyone what a poor service your getting. I have been doing this and finially i think im getting through to them i now have an emailaddress for 2ndline engineers. If i get no satisfaction i will continue to tweet what a crap service and how they lie on national TV

View more options

OK 3rd attempt

Here's a summary of my broadband speeds for the past 2 weeks. 76mbps plan, West London.
Already spoken to a Vodafone tech (details here)who confirmed the router was connecting fine (and this can be seen by the download speeds during the day). The resolution from the tech was to "change the filter".

If anyone is interested the program I used was JD's Auto Speed Test

This first graph says it all really. After midday speeds start to tail off and by 3pm it's below Vodafone "ultimate speed guarantee" and by 8pm down to less than old school ADSL speeds.

summary.png

With this second graph you can see the issue occuring day in, day out.15day.png

View more options

@helen_p It's disappointing to hear you're getting inconsistent broadband speeds - it's very strange to hear your VPN is affecting your speeds also.

So we can forward you query onto our Broadband team for further investigation, I've sent a private message to your inbox with details on how to get in touch.

@bargibargi I've also sent you a private message so we can get your speeds looked into. I apologise that this has been going on for so long and we've not come to a resolution yet. 

@CHARLIESHEPP65 Have you been in contact with the Broadband team via Live Chat, or via the direct message form that we've sent out?

Please continue to keep us updated and let us know what the team advise.

View more options

Well I think my internet going completely down has helped me as just got it bak on and usually at this time it’s around 10mbps but I’m getting 73mbps.so we will see.

View more options

No it’s bak to 3mbps

View more options
1: Seeker

We have the same problem. We are on 40/10 Fibre.  Vodafone say there is no problem with our speeds. However, around the same time every evening, usually between 9:45 to 10pm , anything we are streaming on Amazon or Netflix buffers / or we see a "not enough bandwidth" message. It is beyond annoying, and Vodafone are just passing the parcel among their departments, doing nothing constructive to help. As soon as our contract has finished we are leaving. When you have exhausted all possibilities, sometimes you just have to vote with your feet.