main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Other broadband queries

Unacceptable speeds in the evening

4: Newbie

Thanks

View more options
2: Seeker

Well, seems like Vodafone finally pulled their finger out and did something.

Coincidently around the same time I submitted a complint with resolver.co.uk

You can see around the 18th/19th of March someone added some more backend bandwidth.

Feb-Mar.pngAlso Hourly Averages for this month so far are much, much better compared with previous.

AvgApril.PNGlarge.png

View more options
4: Newbie

I been told by directors at vidafone last week.the wireing  in the box is getting updated in next 45 days.so waiting now.

View more options

I was told it was getting updated in January it’s now April still not fixed. Ofcom should step in and fine them. 

Even speeds of 1-2 mb down 9mb up

Dear Mr. Xxx.  

This message is in regards to the issue you are experiencing with your Vodafone broadband. We have investigated the matter for you, and have discovered that the cable link (length of fibre) you are connected to is currently over-subscribed. This can unfortunately result in network congestion and slower speeds at peak times. Our Third Line team are already aware of this issue and are pro-actively working to rectify it. A new cable link and a new switch (connection point for the cable links) have been ordered, and we are currently waiting for them to be installed at your nearest exchange.
Due to the scale of the installation - which involves the migration of hundreds of customers - there is an extended wait. The new switch is due to be installed by 31/01 and the new cable link should be live a couple of weeks later. I have added your name to the list of customers to be migrated, so you will be within the first batch of customers to be moved across once the installation is complete.
The next update is due on 13/02. We will relay it to you once we have received it. If you have any further questions please do get back in touch. You can call us free on 191 from a Vodafone mobile, or 08080 034 515 from any other UK mobile or landline. Thanks for your patience while our team looked into your issue.

Best wishes,

Vodafone Tech 2

View more options
14: Advanced member

its now jan 2019 and this thread started a year ago and guess what 

nothing has changed 

View more options

Get onto Resolver and submit the problem https://www.resolver.co.uk/

View more options

I had the same for 9 months excuse after excuse most days down to 2mb but then back up to 36gb in the night. In the end I had no choice but to leave Vodafone and go else where but for those that want to stay and hope for the best ask Vodafone to supply a 4g mifi box with 50 GB free data and then refresh this when low.

I had the same as a lot on here being told it needed new hardware in the ground and cabinets. My advise to everyone on here is leave ASAP.  and I hate to advise this as I’m a Vodafone share holder so the more leave the less my shares a worth. 

View more options

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing slow speeds during high usage times @671223pjw1. So we can take a look into this for you, please get in touch by following the instructions in this private message.

View more options
Highlighted

Typical of Vodafone not reading the messages. I have already left them for broadband. But they still want to me to contact them so they can help me with the slow speed I was getting a year ago. Been with talk talk for 3 months and get 63mb every day all the time. 

View more options
14: Advanced member

I was thinking the same thing , as you was talking about 9 months ago.  Yes you are right it does prove they don't even read the thread . You should have said you want money off as your router won't connect to vodafone lol

View more options

Managed to get £300 out of them so wasn’t too bad

View more options