Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Upgrade normal bb to gigafast

andygroveuk
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi All

im looking to join Vodafone broadband, but I know gigafast is coming to my area in Coventry very soon, if I join now (as my current provider contract is up end of the month), can I upgrade to gigafast during a running contract with Vodafone?

5 REPLIES 5

TJ
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Hey @andygroveuk, it's great to hear you're thinking of joining us. I've just checked with our Gigafast team and they've said you can sign up to our regular broadband, then upgrade when you're ready. 

They did mention there would need to be additional installs to get your Gigafast service up and running, this shouldn't cause you any problems though.

If you need more information, you can get in touch by calling 0808 040 8408 and ask for our Gigafast team 👍

HI TJ,

thank you for the update, and that’s great news.

Ive ordered my broadband from Vodafone now, so once I know gigafast is available, I’ll give the team a call.

thanks for your support

Andy

Ross
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

You're welcome @andygroveuk Thanks for choosing Vodafone Broadband and we can't wait until Gigafast becomes available for you 😊 

Hi, beware of the upgrade in Coventry.

Four weeks ago I ordered the 900mb offering for installation - all was accepted and even got an installation date of 13/3 - the earliest date available.

Great - gave my notice VM same day to try to save cash - even had to haggle with them to reduce it to 60 days! Three days after the order was placed, I called to ensure my old VM number (prev a BT number) would def be ported for immediate use. Initially assured it would be, then had to cancel as they couldnt get permission to port it - told to call back in a week when all would be good to go.

Called back in a week, was assured all was good and the number was good to be ported as required..

Re-ordered, given a new 'temporary number' and given an installation date going live on 3rd March - hhmm, over week faster than the original booking but I'd have my existing number.

The guys came, tbh did a superb job of installing and making good the outside of the house and block paving

Then it became obvious my old number wasn't hooking up as expected - only the 'temporary number' but the tinternet connection was great, to the point it's actually a bit too quick for my hardware.

Being a laid back guy (usually), I waited a couple of days to allow technology to catch up but also sent a text to the Vodafone agent asking why it's not happened - response of "my manager is on it but call the help line".

So, today I call and it appears that after a 45 minute, three operator, call ending with Natalie, it is impossible to port a telephone number when the system has actually gone live - so we now need to cancel the order AGAIN, cutting me off  'within 72hrs' (so vague!), to allow Vodafone to arrange for the old number to finally be ported and then I have to wait for 14 working days (virtually three weeks) to get reconnected by some guy walking to the cabinet 200m from my house and flicking a switch.

To be told "sorry but that's the way it is, leave it with me" - I have never been so apoplectic on a phone - not Natalie's personal fault but FGS, to be messed about so much by a so called professional outfit who don't know their own limitations is unbelievable. I am seriously debating cutting my losses and staying with VM and taking my business mobile phones with me.

And then to receive a mail from Vodafone this evening saying they're sorry I'm leaving as thought its my fault!

I am so happy that VM insisted on 60 day notice period or I would be without line and connection for nearly three weeks and as I work from home, thats my living fading away into the sunset.

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Jon0408 I'm really sorry that you were given this misinformation when you joined us. It sounds like the team are doing all they can to get this resolved for you - while the process does take a little longer, please be assured that once this is done your landline number will both be ported over to us and you'll be able to enjoy our super fast speeds again :Thumbs_Up: