main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Other broadband queries

User for 5 days now and account locked out. Elderly hostile system.

Highlighted
2: Seeker

My conclusion after only 6 days is that the system is Eldery hostile. Ironically the tech side works fine, phone and broadband switched and working.  I registered on here as normal and it works.  I have had numerous calls and texts on my mobile, some of which I simply could not understand.  I was never given any log in details for my account, after a long and weary exchange with web chat these were established, tested and working, When I tried to log in today I find that the log in is refused, after a retry I am now locked out. 

What also concerns me is that when I am called by Voda I am asked for security information although there is no way for me to ascertain who is calling.  Yet when I call with even the most simple request I am subjected to severe scrutiny, for example the price of a phone tarriff and how to apply for this. 

The quickfire questions and responses required are too tricky for elderly with hearing and sight imparirment. Is it really necessary to know the last two numbers of my bank account or how I last contacted , out of the blue ?

However can anyone tell me how to initiate the 30 day release as being locked out I cannot see how to do this. Would it be unkind to think that this lockout may be a ruse to prevent early leavers escaping .  Thanks for any help or ideas.  

View more options
5 REPLIES 5

Hey @pastmybest, thanks for getting in touch. I'm really sorry to hear about the problems you've had accessing your online account and apologise for any inconvenience this has caused. 

One of our team will be happy to access your account and take a closer look into this for you. Please get in touch via Facebook at Vodafone UK, or contact us on Twitter using the handle @VodafoneUK.

Please also provide a link to this thread, along with your username; this will save time and we’ll be able to help you quicker.

If you'd still like to leave, one of the team will be happy to help you with the returns process too 👍

View more options

Hello, TJ, Thanks for your response, I know nothing about the twitter or facebook things although I have heard of them.  

I will wait until one of the younger family members arrives to help.  I regret that this stuff is a bit beyond me now, I am from the age of Morse code and Astral navigation.  

View more options

@pastmybest I'm sorry if you don't have a Facebook or Twitter account, to contact a member of our team. Alternatively, you can speak to an adviser using our Live Chat service 👍

View more options

It is now 19 days since I joined and still cannot access my account or upgrade my landline. Each attempt to correct this results in different advice ,none of which works. I have only a few days left to initiate the cancel option and go elsewhere.  I am fed up with this nonsense now.  

View more options
15: Advanced member

I've had a similar experience with a Vodafone mobile.  If for whatever reason the account cannot be set up properly there seems to be little other option than to move on, and hopefully, find a less incompetent provider!

View more options