Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

User name and password for 3rd party router

krazylegz1
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi all I am far from happy with the wifi performance of my THG3000 modem/router. 

I wish to change it for a good 3rd party router so have gone onto twitter to speak to customer services for my username and password, only to be told the following?

Thank you Lee! Unfortunately the THG3000 isn't an approved modem by OpenReach for sharing DSLs. For this reason, we are unable to give out the username and password for using a third party, apologies Lee I know this must be frustrating

Whats this all about? Has anyone had theirs? if not i'll be looking at cancelling 

6 REPLIES 6

HappyNomad
15: Advanced member
15: Advanced member

I (along with a number of others) no longer use the VF supplied THG3000 modem/router device.  Getting my Username and Password was simplicity itself.  I simply went onto VF chat and asked for it.  

Be aware though that there seems to be a tendency to give out a truncated version of the username which will not work.  With chat you can print out the transcript for a hard copy but be sure your username  is in the format, dsl123456789 @ broadband . vodafone . co.uk (no spaces).

Good luck.

Cheers mate I have now received it, it starts with dsl but does not have the @broadband bit, the customer service advisor got confused and thought i wanted to buy a THG3000 and it wasn't on her list as approved, don't know how when they supply it??

Which router did you go for? I was looking at the Draytek Vigor V2862 or the Huawei HG612 3B to go with something like Netgear Orbi system

Thanks 

Lee

@krazylegz1 wrote:

Cheers mate I have now received it, it starts with dsl but does not have the @broadband bit,  

From a number of previous posts here, it is the  @ broadband . vodafone . co.uk part that they miss off.  If your username/password as supplied doesn’t work, try adding it on.

@krazylegz1 wrote:

Which router did you go for? I was looking at the Draytek Vigor V2862 or the Huawei HG612 3B to go with something like Netgear Orbi system

I have a Draytek Vigor 130 modem with a Linksys MR8300 Triband Mesh Router and three Velop nodes.  All works rather well compared to the THG3000 and BT Wifi extender it replaces.  The router is effectively the primary Velop mesh node in a traditional router format.

It has been up and running for a few months now with no downtime and no user intervention.  

Got a query myself, I have reasons to check the quality of the vodafone supplied router.

Got the "dslxxxxxxxxxx .@businessbroadband.vodafone.co.uk  and password. 

I have two modems.  I have the draytek 130, which tells me the physical connection is up. (though the IPV4 is disconnected) so physically it links..

I have a netgear nighthawk X100 R9000 which simply wont connect/authenticate.... so i went back to the old netgear BM200 modem and it reports that the username/password combination is incorrect.

So 2 different devices report its not working. Apart from the check with VF that the credentials are right any suggestions?

Both the netgear devices previously worked on a sky connection. The draytek modem was a new addition today.

The router works if a plug it in the back of the VF supplied device..

Hi @quirkyjock The best thing I can suggest is for us to check your username and password to make sure this is correct, if you can pop our social team a message by following this link and we will be happy to take a look at this 😊

Well, i had an older draytek 2860 which i had forgotten about.

Upgraded firmware to the 3.8.9.8_BT version and works.   So it proves that the login details are correct.

Downside, is it doesnt have 5Ghz wifi band but 2.4 Ghz works fine as well. I do have a number of develo EOP devices that can cater for it.

However it takes an age for the IPV4 internet access to enable. This might be why i couldnt get my Netgear DM200 to work complaining the authentication details are incorrect.  But since the DM200 is old as the hills it was never going to be the primary choice.

My Vigor 130, i dont expect to see IPv4 access enabled right? as its never asked me for authentication parameters.

Suffice to say the vigor 2860n is up and running and rebooted successfully and come backup now...