main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Other broadband queries

Using TP Link AC1600 archer vr600

2: Seeker

Can anybody please help me? I’ve been in contact and been given my details to connect, however when I do connect it all up it fails every time connecting to the internet, Vodafone isn’t listed as an ip in TP-Links setup page but I’ve used all there to try, I’ve used other, but this still fails. 

The router is second hand and a Vodafone employee told me to contact TP-Link as he thinks it may still be set to the previous owners???? What ever I try I get zero internet. Even when using it as a bridge the WiFi won’t always connect to the internet, so can anyone help or provide info into a modem router you’ve found worked out of the box. Vodafone has a great speed it’s just let down by its router. Thanks for reading. 

View more options
4 REPLIES
13: Advanced Member

Most important thing is to get your username and password sent to you via email so you can copy and paste them.

You need to include "@broadband.vodafone.co.uk" NOT .com at the end of your UserName.

Using the settings for BT, just with your VF UN and Password should work, but it may take several minutes for the DSL to connect for the first time!

As for resetting the modem/router with the power UNPLUGGED, press in the reset button and hold for 7 seconds, connect the power and continue to hold the reset in for 7 seconds, then turn the power on and continue to hold for a further 7 seconds.  That should reset the router to it's factory defaults!

View more options
4: Newbie

personaly i would look for a new ISP...

see if this helps, ( i dont own a tplink router, this is my best guess)

possibly.png

View more options
4: Newbie

Enable VLAN ID by ticking the box and then enter

VLAN ID =101

This setting is necessary. The other fields have to be left at default.

Your UserID and password are necessary from vodafone chat or email.

I got this during a chat session:

Your username : *************@broadband.vodafone.co.uk
Password : **********

You have to enter this info in the fields shown in the post for TPLink modem.

View more options
13: Advanced Member

@markallard wrote:

Can anybody please help me? I’ve been in contact and been given my details to connect, however when I do connect it all up it fails every time connecting to the internet, Vodafone isn’t listed as an ip in TP-Links setup page but I’ve used all there to try, I’ve used other, but this still fails.

If there are settings for Plusnet just use those with your Vodafone Userid and Password. 

BT settings might also work but BT does not require a Userid and password, but they are needed for Vodafone and Plusnet.

View more options