main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Other broadband queries

Using a TrueCall blocker with GigaFast Router

Highlighted
2: Seeker

I currently have a TruCall call blocker attached to my phone which works brilliantly.

I am about to order GigaFast.

Has anyone experience as to whether Truecall will work with the supplied router which I understand has a RJ10 socket?  TrueCall support aren't sure, though they did say it works successfully with Virgin and Sky VoIP services.

View more options
3 REPLIES 3

Hey @ChrisMK - thanks for getting in touch. I don't personally have any experience with TrueCall and what type of equipment it will work with. Keep your eyes peeled though, there maybe someone on the Vodafone Community who has this set up. 

View more options
4: Newbie

The way TrueCall would normally work is that the device is plugged into the phone socket and the phone is then plugged into the TrueCall device.

The way a FTTP Gigafast installation works is that the fibre will come into an ONT (Optical Network Unit) into your premises. Then a ethernet cable connects between the ONT and the WAN socket of the Vodafone router.

As long as Vodafone have sent the PSTN data over the line the RJ11 socket should act as a normal phone line socket. You would also need a RJ11 to female BT socket adapter which isn't normally supplied with a Vodafone router to plug your phone handset in.

The Vodafone THG3000 router though doesn't show anywhere within it's firmware version 17.4.0272-2441010 tell you what the Tel and Tel2 socket status would be if used. Unless Vodafone update the firmware on Gigafast customers routers when they move over from a copper telephone service to a FTTP voice service.

View more options
2: Seeker

Thank you for the information - all very useful.

I understand it does come with a BT socket adapter so I remain optimistic!
I'm about to place the order so will report back once installed.

View more options