Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

VOIP SIP Settings

hussain85
3: Seeker

Hello all.

A Vodafone rep has kindly provided me with the following details to use my landline number on another device. i.e. an old Mitel SIP phone that can be repurposed or even a client on my PC such as MicroSIP or PhonerLite. I did explain that I would rather not buy a 'traditional' phone and plug it into the router when I can easily repurpose an old Mitel phone.

UN / PW: voi00076#### / y###########2

SIP proxy: x##.##.bbvoice.vodafone.co.uk

SIP registrar: resvoip.vodafone.co.uk

SIP URI: voi00076###

However, for the life of me - I can't figure out how to set this up!

For example, here are the config options under MicroSIP:

hussain85_0-1683058693477.png

Any ideas folks?

I'll try to post a screenshot of the config options in the web portal for the Mitel 6865i.

Thank you!

4 REPLIES 4

Ripshod
16: Advanced member

So far we only have this working on Grandstream devices. Have a good read and let us know how you get on. 

https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Landline/Landline-phone-with-own-router-on-FTTP/td-p/2709457

websteri

Hi All - sorry if this is off-topic, but has anyone tried to setup their Vodafone SIP service solely using a SIP app, such as Voiper or the Mac app "Telephone"? I've been trying Zoiper with various combinations of the SIP credentials supplied to me by Vodafone and information gleaned from this thread (like the STUN server details) but I keep getting a 408 timeout error. 

Ripshod

There are a heck of a lot more settings that need customising - settings that you won't find in any apps. The only way we've got this working is with a range of Grandstream and Cisco hardware. Some have it working with apps but only through a pbx server, such as asterisk. 

https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Landline/Landline-phone-with-own-router-on-FTTP/m-p/2709457#M1354 

Thank you. It did look a tad complex. Will take a look at PBX options. Thanks, again.