main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Other broadband queries

Vodafone Broadband/ Customer Relations Team Absolutely F***ing RUBBISH. LIARS

Highlighted
2: Seeker

Compalined about the broadband. Incredibly slow and does not reach our upstairs?!?! Meaning we are frequently having to use our mobile's data to acess the internet and Sky does not work. Was told by customer relations that the router is capable of reaching upstairs and they will not give up until my issue is fixed. Ha two lies in one sentance!!! I was told to change the settings on the router and remove my WIFI extender. Did so. Sky box and phone could not even find the internet. I told them this. Advised I would receive another router and would be called within 48 hours of receipt. Did not receive any phone call. I had to call them umpteen times and deal with individuals who just plainly read off a screen. Received a phone call- again having to chase. I was told more lies that what the first guy told me was incorrect and the router does not need to reach upstairs. I told him I want out of the contract penalty free. I was told this could not happen as they were meeting their side of the contract?!?!? I was cut off and the person did not even bother to call me back?!?!?!?!?! Wow. Epitome of customer service. Just tried to call again and was told their system is down and I would receive a call back. Doubtful this will happen. 

Is Vodafone aware of Ofcom and the code of practice?? I am entitled to leave without penalty. Poor customer service and poor service. I AM ENTITLED TO LEAVE THIS SHAM OF AN INTERNET (NON) SERVICE PROVIDER.

View more options
5 REPLIES 5
14: Advanced member

yes you are right a contract works both ways .If you are not getting what you are paying for then yes you can leave but i think you have to give vodafone 30 days in order to give vodafone a chance to put things right ,your first place of call is a complaint to the complaints team 

https://www.vodafone.co.uk/help-and-information/complaints/code-of-practice 

a tip if you write it online , it say they will notify you within 48 hours this normally does not happen so its a good idea to ring after 48 hours , the complaints team at newcastle are really very good and will help you out as much as they can 

next if still no luck ask for a dead lock letter 

and then you can take it to CISAS which is managed independently by Centre for Effective Dispute Resolution (CEDR), an Alternative Dispute Resolution Provider, certified by Ofcom, to resolve disputes related to communication and internet services. The service is free

https://www.cedr.com/consumer/cisas/

View more options

I appreciate that you've had a very poor experience with the broadband @Aurora2101. We'd like to help you further, I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch.

View more options

@gipjon have you experienced issues with Vodafone? Telling lies? So I'm to wait 30 days for them to just ignore me? Never received a phone call yesterday when I was promised one. Shocking customer service. 

No, it's with the director's office. The people I have dealt with are in Glasgow. When I do call I am faced with individuals who read off a computer screen and are basically a message relaying service- these individuals are not based in the UK. 

OFCOM have placed these guidelines for a reason.

View more options

@MarkF replied. I assume I will just be ignored again? That seems to be Vodafone's forte.

View more options
14: Advanced member

i use to ring the complaint line every day for an update , in the end they just put me through to the director office , because i had that many complaints running ,i even complainted about the director office advisor ,when i stopped complaining think i was on my third director office advisor , if it meant me driving 100 miles to the head office with a banner and asked the media to meet me there  i would have done 

View more options