Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone Broadband pro extender

Mogolent
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hello guys.

Recently Vodafone introduced new Broadband Pro plans with WiFi extenders.

Couple of months ago I joined 500 Gigafast broadband.

I contacted support about this.. asked to add extender to my plan or upgrade. They replied this will be possible after my contact ends! In nearly 2 years...

Why I’m unable to add extenders to my plan? Or upgrade it? So I have to pay nearly same monthly plan without extenders.... no one cares about existing customers? Thanks

6 REPLIES 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

I just went through the "Broadband" link near the very top of the page, and if you follow through from there, it does appear to allow existing customers to upgrade to those new packages.

It's more likely that rather than the package not being available, it'll be that the staff at the call centres are stupendously badly trained!  *Bare that in mind if you are thinking about upgrading in order to have access to the new WiFi experts!

Jayach
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

@Anonymous wrote:

*Bare that in mind if you are thinking about upgrading in order to have access to the new WiFi experts!

They are not experts they are WiFi Xperts, I'm sure it makes all the difference.

Evie
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hey there @Mogolent - We wouldn't be able to add extenders or boosters to your current Gigafast broadband but if Vodafone Fibre to the Home Broadband services become available at your home, during the minimum term of your Vodafone Fibre Broadband contract, you may upgrade your Vodafone Fibre Broadband service to the equivalent Vodafone Fibre to the Home Broadband service without paying an early termination fee and at the same price as your current contract.

A new 24 month contract applies and the monthly price is subject to CPI plus 3.9% increase each April. If you wish to upgrade to one of our Vodafone Fibre to the Home Broadband services with a higher average download speed than your current service, additional costs may apply.

For more info please see here

???

Im already have fibre connection. I contacted 2 vodafone advisers. Can I upgrade from Vodafone 500 gigafast broadband to 500 broadband pro answer was No I have to wait till contract ends

Anonymous
Not applicable

Also, it's very strange that there is a 24-month contract on a leave anytime plan - it may be that which is the problem!

TJ
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Hey @Mogolent thanks for clearing that up for us, it sounds like you will be able to upgrade and I apologise for any confusion. So we can take a look into your account and just double check, please pop us a message via one of our social channels; you can find how to do this here.

When you contact us please provide a link to this thread and say that Shell has asked you to get in touch, this is one of our managers and she'll be sure that you get the correct information 👍