main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Other broadband queries

Vodafone Connect Router Re-provisioning (Authentication Problem)

SOLVED
View solved solution
2: Seeker

Hi,

Are there any Tech Supprt people on here who can help with re-provisioning my VF Connect Router?

I've used a 3rd party router for many months, without problem, but I've been trying to use my VF Connect Router once again, but it no longer authenticates on the VF network. It establishes physical connection fine and is even offered an IP address by the remote end, but the PPP session times out after about 10 minutes with no throughput allowed at any point.

I gather this is an authentication problem for VF routers which haven't been seen on the network for some time and they need to be re-provisioned by someone in Tech Support by entering their serial number somewhere.

After several calls waiting on hold for up to an hour without getting to speak to anyone, I'm hoping someone might come to my aid via this forum!

Thanks,

Alex.

View more options
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hey @f_250swb, the first thing to do is a reset.

Hold in the reset button at the back of the router for 20 seconds to ensure it resets correctly.

The router will then gain the correct log on from us, and it will authenticate, as long as we have the correct router details at our end.

If this doesn't work, then we'll need to look at things in a bit more detail so you'd need to to contact our Live Chat team here

Blair

View more options
5 REPLIES 5

No one? Just want to get my VF Router connecting again. It's not authenticating.

View more options
14: Advanced member

I think as far as any of us here are aware, the router should not need re-provisioning.

Vodafone's network does not seem to take note of the MAC of the router, so provided the username and password are correct it should work.  In thes case of the VF supplied router, the username and password are programmed into the router prior to supply to the customer.  So if the router is fialing to authenticate it would suggest that somehow that data has been corrupted. In which case you'd have to request a replacement!

View more options

Hey @f_250swb, the first thing to do is a reset.

Hold in the reset button at the back of the router for 20 seconds to ensure it resets correctly.

The router will then gain the correct log on from us, and it will authenticate, as long as we have the correct router details at our end.

If this doesn't work, then we'll need to look at things in a bit more detail so you'd need to to contact our Live Chat team here

Blair

View more options

Hi,

Sorted via live chat. Just to close this out - it wasn't a reset issue, or directly related to authentication as that actually seemed to be happening, albeit timing out after 10 minutes.

It seems that after not being seen for a good 18 months or so the VF router becomes disassociated with the account. The live chat agent could see this and after re-entering the router's serial number into some sort of tool he had access to, everything came to life after a few minutes.

Just a note of caution for those other 3rd party router users out there, if you ever need to claim a speed guarantee or have line problems.

Cheers,

Alex.

View more options

Thanks for the update @f_250swb, we're glad to hear that eveything's been resolved 👍 Don't hesitate to pop back if you have any other questions in the future, we'll be happy to help in any way we can. 

View more options