main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Other broadband queries

Vodafone Connect Router

4: Newbie

Hi,

I have a problem with my Vodafone Connect Router, and a soft reset or hard reset doesn't sort it as I've tried both.

Firstly - the My Broadband app on my phone (which I've re-paired with the router) says the Wifi is switched off on the My Wifi tab - however, in My Network it shows connected devices fine. Similarly, if you try and turn on the guest network via the app, this does work (despite displaying "Error" - but then there's no way of turning it off again as the phone thinks it's turned off, and pressing the button to turn on also shows "Error".

Secondly - when you log in at 192.168.1.1, the Overview tab remains completely blank, as does "General" in the Wifi tab, and Settings etc. - so now I've reset it to Factory Settings, there's no way to rename the network or change the password from the gobbledygook default one. In the same way as the app, certain tabs on 192.168.1.1 think that the Wifi isn't turned on!

I did note there was a recent firmware update - has this caused the issue? There's no way to revert a firmware update, is there?

View more options
5 REPLIES 5

That sounds very strange @mattymoo 🤔 So I can run some tests and take a closer look into what might be causing these problems with your router, I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch.

View more options
14: Advanced member

@mattymoo It sounds very much as if you've connected your phone to the "Guest" WiFi.  Hence you see the "Main" WiFi as being off, and after turning off the "Guest WiFi" you lose your connection.

@TJ I'm just trying to verify that this is even possible - if it is then it's potentially a serious "local" security flaw and needs sorting urgently!

*Update, the router settings can be modified using the VF mobile app while signed in as a user on the WiFi2 "Guest" connection - I would class that as serious "local" security flaw!

View more options

Hi - I definitely haven't connected to the guest wifi, as the SSID I am connected to is the factory default - I've done a factory reset on the router through 192.168.1.1.

We had a power cut recently, that was when I noticed it. I also note that someone else in our block of flats now has a Vodafone Connect router too and I wonder if that's to blame or had something to do with it?

Anyway, will send a private message now.

View more options
14: Advanced member

I was only thinking it sounded as though you had your mobile connected to WiFi2 (Guest) and not any computers you had connecting - otherwise their local IPs would be 192.168.5.x (though it's still messed up if what you see from a mobile and from a WiFi connected PC is different).

The issue with tabs on the Web admin for the router showing up empty, crops up here from time to time, and it's something that only the techs can sort.

Regards the security issue, that's potentially a serious situation.

View more options

Thanks for your reply back but they are definitely on the normal network (as the guest network doesn't even show up in available networks on the PC so it's not active).

I'm glad that the empty tabs problem has cropped up before! Was a bit concerned that even a hard reset wouldn't sort it.

View more options