Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone Pro Ultrafast with BT Wholehome

heskethbang
4: Newbie

Hi

I'm fed up with Virgin constantly putting prices up, and Vodafone are offering their Pro Ultrafast 500 for £32 per month. I have a super reliable wifi via a BT Wholehome Mesh, all connected to the router via ethernet. There's also a Gigabit switch with about 15 hardwired devices going into it before reaching the router. Before I pull the trigger, I want to know if the router they supply can

a) have the Wifi switched off

b) whether it can be used purely to issue the local IP addresses 192.xxx.x.x etc

c) whether it will cope with that many ethernet devices connected.

Any help gratefully received.

2 REPLIES 2

HappyNomad
15: Advanced member
15: Advanced member

@heskethbang wrote:

Hi

I'm fed up with Virgin constantly putting prices up, and Vodafone are offering their Pro Ultrafast 500 for £32 per month. I have a super reliable wifi via a BT Wholehome Mesh, all connected to the router via ethernet. There's also a Gigabit switch with about 15 hardwired devices going into it before reaching the router. Before I pull the trigger, I want to know if the router they supply can

a) have the Wifi switched off

b) whether it can be used purely to issue the local IP addresses 192.xxx.x.x etc

c) whether it will cope with that many ethernet devices connected.

Any help gratefully received.

a) yes

b) yes

c) yes 

I don’t know about Sky (or BT) but Vodafone are quite happy for customers to use their own third party (OpenReach approved) modems and routers or modem routers.  A number of us have gone down this route as the current THG3000 is quite tightly locked down in terms of user configuration and is not entirely without its flaws.

Jayach
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

I'm not too sure abut c)

The Vodafone router will be handling the DHCP and there is a thread on here where Vodafone are saying 60 devices are too many for their router (but what do they know!)

https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Other-broadband-queries/How-many-devices-do-you-have-connected-to-yo...

Edit: On second thoughts, for the number of devices you say you have, it will be fine.