Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone Scam pop up

Briopad
2: Seeker

This popped up on my web page when I was browsing. Looking at the ISP address this would appear to be a scam. 

Anyone else had it!8B3C3D1F-6DBF-4110-9A2E-EABBE4D52DFB.png

9 REPLIES 9

gipjon
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

just waiting for the picture to be authorised

Juke12

Got a pop up scam today , , While browsing , Looks too good to be true , 

I'm getting one too, but only appears to be linked to when i do a search on the Discogs website, i've attached a screenshot of the webpage, Hopefully Vodafone are looking into this as it's very annoying.

Thanks for flagging this 👍 We can confirm that this is not one of our adverts / pop-ups. 

If you did ever want to double check a pop-up, please feel free to send us a screenshot on here and we'll check it out 🙂

Too late wife got half way , and realised , oops , now I am inundated with spam , some of them crude , lesson learnt

KarolM
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Screenshot_20200726-123045.png

Hi,

I have received this pop up as well, on two occasions now. I would like to point out that it appeared on the second day of using my brand new device. I didn't browsed any of potentially dangerous and malicious websites. I just was using Chrome and Google news.

It's quite scary and frustrating. It looks like that everyone is at risk.

Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

I understand this can be a little disconcerting @KarolM. Do you have Vodafone Securenet active on your account? If not, you can activate this for £1 per month through your online account or the MyVodafone app, which may help reduce the instances of these pop-ups appearing. I'd also recommend looking into anti-virus or pop-up blocking extensions for your browser to keep your device secure. 

I've seen it said that vodafone are creating these spam pop ups and pretending it's some other source. Why? To get people to pay vodafone via vodafone securenet basically to rip their customers off . What do you think about that? Is it possible?

PS all info regarding the pop up and any other vodafone pop ups are being transferred to GDPR for full investigation.