main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Other broadband queries

Vodafone Spain fibre broadband

2: Seeker

Hi,

as a a customer of Vodafone UK in both mobile and broadband, I thought i’d Also sign up for Vodafone fibre in Barcelona too. Things went well for the install, and I’m happy with the service - it’s just I can’t get NAT Loopback on the supplied router. Looking through the Spanish forums, it seems that this is a feature left out of the router.

it is a different router to the one used in the UK as it needs a separate fibre modem. I suspect the router connects via ppp to the modem.

what I would like to do is to get the username and password for my Spanish service, so I can replace the supplied router with my own which will support the NAT loopback feature I need. Unfortunately Vodafone Spain don’t easily give this information out on ‘security’ grounds. It is strange as Vodafone UK originally said the same, but now hand out the information by text on request.

is it possible you could help me to get this information from Vodafone Spain?

View more options
5 REPLIES
17: Community Champion

Hi @Froggy

The problem here is going to be with Vodafone Spain being a totally separate company and network, the UK network won't have any access to Spanish accounts or network.

Unfortunately, this would mean having to take this up with the Spanish network.

View more options

I’m aware of that - although they are both part of the parent entity - hence seeing if they have a channel where they can communicate through to assist. I believe that Vodafone employees monitor this forum.

View more options
17: Community Champion

The Vodafone UK Social Media do indeed monitor and engage to help customers when ans where they can however as they do not have access to abroad Vodafone networks and they do not have a chain of communication they cannot help I'm afraid. 

Current Phone > Samsung Note 9 _512Gb > Model: SM-N960 Hybrid-Duos.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch.

View more options

Thanks for your opinion, but as I mentioned, I was hoping for a reply from Vodafone. 

View more options

Hi @Froggy, I'm sorry to hear you're having a problem connecting to your broadband service. As advised by @AnnS and @BandOfBrothers, we're only equipped to assist Vodafone UK customers here. For more help with your query, please contact Vodafone Spain directly.

View more options