Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone Unable to split wifi

jamesmillner
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi, I'm recently a Gigafast broadband customer.

I'm wanting to split my Wifi into two seperate channels, as it seems like I can't change the channel of each range without doing so.

I've got the THG3000 router. When I've signed onto the router I've headed to Wifi -> General -> and following the steps details as per: https://www.vodafone.co.uk/cs/groups/public/documents/contentdocuments/vfcon090504.pdf

However when I try to apply my changes, the interface returns, 'Your changes have not been updated' and the page refreshes. Am I doing something wrong?

The firmware version of my router is: 19.2.0307-3261013
I've also changed the wifi password and the default admin password for the router, I've also logged out and back into the router with the fresh passwords. But I'm still unable to apply any changes.

14 REPLIES 14

Jayach
16: Advanced member

I also have the THG3000 but am on Superfast 2. I have split my WiFi but still can't select the channel, but I must say I wasn't expecting I could as that option appears to have been removed from the firmware.

My firmware is 19.2.0203-3261005 and the router says no newer is available.

Edit: It actually says

Probably the PDF you linked to is simply out of date.

@Jayach wrote:

I also have the THG3000 but am on Superfast 2. I have split my WiFi but still can't select the channel, but I must say I wasn't expecting I could as that option appears to have been removed from the firmware.

My firmware is 19.2.0203-3261005 and the router says no newer is available.

Edit: It actually says

Probably the PDF you linked to is simply out of date.

It actually seems I'm unable to perform many actions on my router. Even trying to change the default WIFI password, it returns the same error "Your changes have not been updated"

I also tried to see if there was new firmware, and received the same error as yourself

Jayach

@jamesmillner wrote:

It actually seems I'm unable to perform many actions on my router. Even trying to change the default WIFI password, it returns the same error "Your changes have not been updated"

Mine had a habit of locking up whilst trying to perform changes, requiring a reboot.

However I have been able to make all the changes I required.

Perhaps try a factory reset by holding in the reset button for 10 seconds.

Evie
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hey @jamesmillner, I'm really sorry for hear you're having these troubles when trying to split your WiFi Channels.

Have you tried changing WiFi channels through your Broadband app?

1.        Download and install the Vodafone Broadband app on a device connected to the router's WiFi network
  2.        Start the app and follow the prompts to pair the app with the router.
  3.        Tap on the 'My Wifi' option, then scroll down and tap on the 'Wifi Channels' option.
  4.        The next page will show you the two frequencies the wifi is broadcast on; 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz, we need to change channels on both to have an effect.
  5.        Select 2.4 GHz, and the app will display a list of 13 channels, change the selected channel to one that has no numbers next to it on the left hand side.

If you are still having issues, it may be worth speaking with our dedicated Gigafast team on 0333 304 0191 to see if they advise of any further settings to try.

ERRRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

YOU CANNOT CHANGE Wi-Fi channels with the current broadband app.

It seems all the Mods on here are not VF customers, they suggest solutions that they cannot prove actually work.

So it would be nice for an open and honest reply from the Mods that they have never tried the solutions they offer, or if-so, when-so.

The Vodafone Broadband app: Lets you manage your Vodafone router from your smartphone or tablet. You can download the app from the Apple App Store or Google Play Store. You can use the app to:

1) Manage your broadband settings

2) Set up Family Time

3) Control your Boost feature

4) Manage your guest Wi-Fi

5) See how many devices are connected to your Wi-Fi

6) Change Wi-Fi channel     THE COMPUTER SAYS NO.

7) Schedule when you want to turn off your Wi-Fi

😎 Turn off your router’s LED light

I don't seem to have that option unfortunately @Evie. I have successfully managed to split my WIFI via the broadband app, but I wasn't able to do this on the router itself

In the advanced settings too I also do not have the ability to change channels?

I also get the same problem on my router where the option for channels just doesn't appear?

Please see attached images on both previous comments

Evie
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@jamesmillner Apologies for the troubleshooting advised above not being an option anymore - duly noted! 

At this point I would advise speaking to our Gigafast team on 0333 304 0191 to as they'll be able to advise further on this, and hopefully get you router set up as you would like 👍