main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Other broadband queries

Vodafone broadband and Google mesh wifi router system

francishon
2: Seeker

I've subscribed to Vodafone broadband and I'm using a Wi-fi hub provided by Vodafone , but some spots in my home and garden are not getting a stable connection. I've got a Google Mesh Wi-Fi Router system (with 3 "point" devices) that I was using previously, and I wonder if I can use some of those devices to boost my Vodafone broadband connection, or I'll have to use something else. Thank you.

View more options
2 REPLIES 2
Jayach
16: Advanced member

Interesting question. Firstly it will depend if you are on Superfast (1or2) (FTTC) or Gigafast/Superfast 100 (FTTP).        (Sort out your nomenclature Vodafone it is too confusing.)

Then, apparently, it it will depend on whether it is a Google mesh or Google Nest mesh.

How were you using it on your previous ISP and were they FTTC or FTTP?

View more options
francishon
2: Seeker

Thanks. I'm on FTTC now, and the devices I'm having are Google mesh (not Google Nest mesh).

For my previous ISP, I plugged my Google mesh to the router (which was then plugged into a modem). I believe that was FTTP.

View more options