Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone gigacube and Chromecast

stevedale22
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hello.

Whenever my television has been off for a few hours (standby) I try to go onto my google chromecast but it says cannot find network. 

Every day i have to restart my gigacube for it to refresh and to allow chromecast to find it.

Just wondering if I'm missing a setting to keep these constantly connected. 

Thanks 

28 REPLIES 28

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

That's strange @stevedale22 🤔If it's just your TV that becomes disconnected, it maybe a setting on this we need to look into. If you pop me the make and model of this, I'll have a look and see what we can find for you.

Huawei 5G CPE Pro - H112-370LTE|5G(NSA)

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Thanks @stevedale22. Are you having issues with maintaining the connection with other devices?

Are you having issues using the TV with your Gigacube to access other features (if available) or is it just the Chromecast that's unable to connect to the network? 

It may be that while the TV goes into standby mode it would require reconnecting the Gigacube so that the Chromecast or TV could pick up the connection again.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Steve, just a quick question:

How are you powering the Chromecast?  If you are using a USB port on the TV to power the Chromecast, then it's going to be powered down every time you turn the TV off!

Its plugged into it's own power socket as well as the tv.

TV is only on standby at night.

Wondering if there is any setting changes needed in the AL life app 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Huawei AI Life App?  Is the mobile device new and not running Chrome, but instead HarmonyOS then Chromecast support is going to be sketchy!   ....Or I could be off entirely down the wrong track!

This needs to be looked into. Ever since switching to the Gigacube, our Chromecast has struggled despite fast speeds coming from the Gigacube device. Feels like there must be something unstable about the WiFi. Perhaps it's related to it's inability to work with online gaming.

TJ
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Up to 20 devices should be able to connect to your Gigacube network at one time with there being support for dual-band Wi-Fi connectivity at 2.4GHz and 5GHz @jnorri01. Have you tried the following? 

1. Enter http: //giga.cube or 168.8.1 in the address field of the internet browser.
  2. Click on the GigaCube web interface > Settings > WLAN > Advanced WLAN settings.
  3. 2.4GHz Wi-Fi: Use the pull-down menu next to Channel to change the receive channel. It is best to choose channel 6 or 11. These are overlap-free. Avoid channels 9 and 10 because microwaves operate at the same frequency.

I switched bands but that made little difference. It does work but everything with the Chromecast is slower and unstable.