cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone has failed to port my Landline number number.

tbdmodz
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

When I placed my order with Vodafone online I selected the option to keep my old number, I even called them after the order was completed just to make sure that the number would be transferred guaranteed and they said it would be. On the activation date I was given a new number but appearantly it would only be temporary for a few days. Well, 10 days have passed and I still don’t have my old number and yesterday I called Vodafone CS and they told me that I might never get this number back! Bare in mind that this number is for a business and it’s been in the business for over 25 years, where everyone would call to place an order etc ... I can’t even imagine how much money I’ve lost due to their incompetence 😕 and now I literally have to change everything in my shop because my menus,the sign, business cards had my old number! Whoever reads this I advise not to go with Vodafone or any other company if you have a business, if you’re looking for a better price just call your account manager and try to get a better deal with deal instead of looking for another company. Thanks for ruining my business Vodafone. Tomorrow I’ll be cancelling my contract cause I’m still in the 14 days period. 

7 REPLIES 7

Loz
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

This is really disappointing to hear @tbdmodz and I appreciate just how unsatisfying this experience must be for you. As part of our customer promise, we want to get all of your concerns addressed immediately! So a member of our team can get this looked into and investigate further, please contact our team via Facebook at Vodafone UK, or get in touch on Twitter using the handle @VodafoneUK. Don't forget to include the link to this thread, along with your username.

I was promised by two different departments that my landline  number which is currently with Virgin could be ported over now I am being told it cant!!

I was very clear with all the sales and technical people including talking to Virgin ( we took the number to virgin it was with sky before) I received notification of the new number and asked to contact if not right I did that and was assured this was a temporary number until mine was ported - this number is used by my wife as an incoming business number !!!

Why has vodfone mislead me - I have cancelled Virgin and bought in Freesat equipment which is now no use to me!!

Hi @oscar104 I am sorry to hear of the experience you have had, so we can take a further look at this and look at finding a resolution could you contact us here where one of the team will be able to follow up on this

Hi Some good news here !!! I rang back and someone must have reconsidered the position as the operator immediately put me through to a department who took my details and checked online - my number is being ported over on the 13th. August - very happy now - don't understand the previous difficulties - now sorted - so Bravo to Vodafone!! Thanks!!

Evie
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

That's great to hear your number will be up and running shortly @oscar104 😁

If you did need anything else, please don't hesitate to drop us a message on social media

Az007
1: Seeker

They've done the same to me. It's been 25 days and after hours of calls, emails and online chats my landline still hasn't ported. Originally they said it was supposed to port within 24 hours of broadband installation!! Now they and Openreach keep blaming each other. What a mess Vodafone customer service are, if you can reach them in the first place!! You are wise to leave them whilst you can.

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @Az007, I'm really sorry for the amount of time this is taking to move your number over to us! We'd like to take a look into this for you and get the latest update. 

Please drop us a message on Facebook or Twitter with your Community username along with a link to your post from here (so you won't need to write your query out again!) and we'll help from there.