main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Other broadband queries

Vodafone has failed to port my Landline number number

VOODOOSTEVIE
2: Seeker

My service (landline and fibre broadband) went active on 18 Nov 2021, but a week later I discovered my landline number had been changed. I requested to keep my old landline number, which I've had for over 25 years, at sign-up. Spoken to Vodafone twice since then, but it's like pulling teeth. After a 55 minute phone call today, I was told the old number had been requested from my previous service provider, and that I should contact them to confirm this. I did so but they said they do not hold onto numbers once a service has been ended. Presumably my old phone number has now been put back into the spare "number bank" operated by Openreach. Pretty appalling service on the part of Vodafone, who are almost impossible to contact. I'm still within the 14 day cooling off period so I'm thinking about just chucking them altogether.

View more options
3 REPLIES 3
TJ
Administrator
Administrator

Hi @VOODOOSTEVIE - we'd love to try and get your number ported over, though we can't guarantee this. 

So one of our team can take a closer look into this for you, please get in touch via Facebook, or contact us on Twitter. You can find more information on doing this here. Please also provide a link to this thread, along with your username; so you won't have to explain yourself again. 

View more options
VOODOOSTEVIE
2: Seeker

I'm afraid I don't have a Twitter or Facebook account.

View more options
TJ
Administrator
Administrator

We deal with all of our account specific queries via our social channels here on the Social Media team @VOODOOSTEVIE. If that's not an option, you'll need to contact us either by phone or, you can speak to an adviser using Live Chat.

I really do hope we can get your number back for you, please keep us updated and let us know how you get on.

View more options