Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone policy Stopped solving problems

gipjon
16: Advanced member

back in 2016 headline in the newspaper was 

Stop solving problems... just make the customer happy': As complaints against Vodafone soar, a whistleblower claims it is obsessed with its 'satisfaction' ratings and that Vodafone employees are encouraged to soothe issues rather than solve their complaints.

so now in 2021, it seems as the issues continue and complaints have gone through the roof Vodafone has decided to try and make satisfaction ratings better by blocking all private messages on the Vodafone forum.

According to Ofcom, Vodafone has 5 times more complaints than sky or ee. 

I would love to know what Vodafone is going to do next instead of addressing the problems that Vodafone is the worst provider according to Ofcom figure. Maybe offer customers a free cup of tea OR start sending free tea and biscuits out to customers instead of sorting issues out. 

13 REPLIES 13

Cynric

.@TJ Can you tell us a bit more about "Value Analytics responses" please?

TJ
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Of course @Cynric. It's the survey that's sent out when you've been on the Community for a certain amount of time (this will appear as a pop up), you can either opt into these, or opt out. It then asks you questions in regards to your experience. These are things such as 'Did you find what you were looking for' or 'Would you recommend Vodafone to a friend'. At the end, it asks for a comment which you are welcome to leave blank or reply to. 

These surveys have no standing on Vodafone stats and figures over all (unlike the TNPS messages that are sent after calls, Live Chats, or Social Media messages) and are simply here to try and help myself and the Social Media team to try and make improvements where possible. 

I turned these on when taking over the Community Manager role last year and they've been very inciteful 😊

From some of the responses we had, I wanted to make sure that there wasn't any confusion in regards to Private Messaged being used as a Live Chat function on the Community. We've had no negative comments about Live Chat since switching the PMs off, but I want to double check this isn't just coincidence and will be monitoring the responses now they've been turned back on. If there's anything else, just let me know!

gipjon

Im very sorry you feel this way TJ but i feel this message was very constructive and it clearly highlights one issues thats vodafone and customers have . 

Maybe if vodafone actually helped customers instead of reading scripts then customers satisfaction would go up . Maybe you could have a week training with sky or ee on how to deal with issues 

gipjon

Can we have a date please when the month trial is Finnish so I can set a reminder to check my 28 pm after Vodafone decided to block all private messages to make staff rating higher at the expense of upsetting it's customers even more Screenshot_2021-04-21-11-10-45-611.jpeg