main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Other broadband queries

Vodafone "enhanced" router

SOLVED
View solved solution
13: Advanced Member

Guess what arrived today.  According to tech support they sent me a new special and enhanced router which was going to fix all the problems.  Needless to say I was rather dubious about that claim....

#customerservicefail  Same piece of junk, same issues.

4E15197D-0CC4-4F52-B412-6872E07D5CE0.JPG

View more options
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
10: Established

@mbames wrote:

I'm so jealous.  Dispite having a new "enhanced" router (which the Directors Office comfirmed earlier on the phone that so much thing exists - now  I was shocked!!!), I have been unable to get the POS to connect.  Numerous phonecalls to VF, coupled with the fact "we won't investigate any issues unless you use our [non-functioning] router...."

just the one router model in the uk then...  I suppose the quality of it depends entirely on who is telling us about it and which script they are reading from.

Oh, did you know that switches aren't supported on the customer side of the router either.  So that means VF broadband can support at max 4 wired devices (as we know the router's wifi is there in name only)

i was under the impression that nothing at all on the customer side is supported.

If a wifi device is misbehaving, it is your equipment or you have too many wifi devices (>=1).   "We have never heard of anybody having that problem before but if you plug your fine VF router into the test socket, split your SSIDS, change channels and DNS server and wait 24 hours... oh, your synch speed is higher than the minimum guaranteed you lucky thing you".

If wired devices are misbehaving... it is either your equipment at fault  or the sun is shining too brightly / the heating is set too high etc.  "We have never heard of anybody having that problem before but if you plug your fine VF router into the test socket, split your SSIDS, change channels and DNS server and wait 24 hours... oh, your synch speed is higher than the minimum guaranteed you lucky thing you".

Funny thing is, my wired devices connected through an eight port switch to a single LAN PORT on the junk router have performed properly  and consistently since I change to VF.  Shame about the wifi which just happens to be the primary requirement for me (and many other long suffering VF customers judging by these community pages).

View solution in original position

View more options
40 REPLIES 40
4: Newbie

Oooh, this is what they must be sending me!  Can't wait for all these problems to be fixed!

View more options
14: Advanced member

the one on the right is the newer one with the same batch code as the one i have with the wifi disable /re-enable issue and the fec issues with the sync dropping way below the minimum guaranteed speed

s/n 810

View more options

The one new won;t even authenticate on the VF network.  I phoned 191, and they "added it to the system", replacing my old VF router, so now that won't connect either.

#clownrating is very high.

Thankfully I've got my own router to use (which I'm back to using now)

vf-19-newrouter-wont-connect.PNG

View more options
Highlighted

Out of interest which router do you use?

@mbames wrote:

The one new won;t even authenticate on the VF network.  I phoned 191, and they "added it to the system", replacing my old VF router, so now that won't connect either.

#clownrating is very high.

Thankfully I've got my own router to use (which I'm back to using now)

vf-19-newrouter-wont-connect.PNG

View more options

I'm using:

Vigor 130 ADSL/VDSL2 Modem - https://www.draytek.co.uk/products/business/vigor-130

connected up to a:

Vigor 2925 Dual-WAN Router Firewall - https://www.draytek.co.uk/products/business/vigor-2925

For extended outages I can attach a 3/4g USB dongle.

However the 2860 is a more than capable all in one unit.

View more options

is it the one on the right thatvodafone has just sent you with the same batch code as mine .

my issue with that router is ( look at the sync speeds near the end of the thread of the router struggling to connect to the fibre cabinet same issue as you )

https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Broadband-Home-Phone/60-000-fec-corrections-every-3-seconds-and-real...

vodafone need to send you a non vodafone routers or give you the money to nip to pcworld/curry and pick a router up ,

you realy do need to escalate a complaint with their complaint team at https://www.vodafone.co.uk/help-and-information/complaints

you have clearly done everything you can and none of this is your fault at all , and it also really clear that the vodafone router just does not work with your line the same issue as loads of us on vodafone

compansaion.jpg

View more options

@mbames wrote:

Guess what arrived today.  According to tech support they sent me a new special and enhanced router which was going to fix all the problems.  Needless to say I was rather dubious about that claim....

I too was sent a special enhanced latest router to replace my not very special non- enhanced earlier router.

It has to be said that the special enhanced latest router looked absolutely identical and performed exactly the same as the not very special non-enhanced earlier router it replaced.

View more options

@HappyNomad wrote:

I too was sent a special enhanced latest router to replace my not very special non- enhanced earlier router.

It has to be said that the special enhanced latest router looked absolutely identical and performed exactly the same as the not very special non-enhanced earlier router it replaced.

Sadly mine doesn't connect up, so it is even worse!!  Not sure I can face going through getting them to send out another one!

View more options

@mbames wrote:

@HappyNomad wrote:

Sadly mine doesn't connect up, so it is even worse!!  Not sure I can face going through getting them to send out another one!

To be fair to VF... my new router was promised late afternoon, arrived before midday the following day and... connected almost instantly...

...and the identical 2.4GHz dropouts and 5GHz internal disconnect - ten to thirty second delay - reconnect issues started immediately after that.

At least if yours doesn't connect you can't be disappointed with its suboptimal performance.  Every cloud etc... 

View more options

Vodafone needs to sort this instead of giving customers the run around You need to find out if the fault is with the router or the firmware .

or stock a new brand of router all together as this is not the first time this has happened with vodafone and a router.

Yes i understand that some people won't complaint and some people don't complain and some don't know anything about it .They just put up with it ,but the issue now is that there are too many users with the same fault and its getting out of hand as user are now voicing the issue around the web.

After all user are trying to do everything they can and yet vodafone is making this as hard as they can what makes this worseis vodafone must have known about this two years ago.

This is really unfair to its customers.

I don't think it will be long before this hits the media big time

I can see the headline on bbc news, Vodafone router won't work with Vodafone broadband.

Vodafone media team confirmed issue , 1000s of user affected.

Staff members fired as they have not been doing their job correctly.

Issues not passed up the chain to higher management.

Major speed issues as reported by think broadband.

Its a bigger story than Volkswagen fixing fuel data ,

View more options
Moderator (Retired)

Please try resetting the router, this will work as long as we have the serial number for this router on our systems.

If not, then If you can contact us via Live Chat or by calling us,  we’ll be able to sort it out.

You'll find our contact details here: http://vodafone.uk/2aDQ1gh

Blair

View more options

I phoned up (as previously stated), and it was added (and my previous router removed), and then I did a reset on the router and the ACS issue continued to exist.

This gets me no closer to resolving throughput issues, given it seems that all VF routers are faulty.

View more options

My non vodafone router works well with vodaphone and you don't have the serial number or even know know what router it is .So what has this got to do with the vodafine router not working 

View more options

Just wanted to say that the sarcasm in this thread is 1st class 

Jimbo

View more options

@HappyNomad wrote:

@mbames wrote:

Vodafone, having sent me a new router to replace the the router that they determined/agreed was faulty have done the decent thing and charged me for delivery of the replacement router.

Raised the point on live chat where the call centre operative kindly agreed to remove the inappropriately applied charge and and to arrange for a new (revised) bill to be issued.  He then sent me a copy of the original bill complete with charge for modem delivery.

View more options
Anonymous
Not applicable

Im supprised vodaphone are still tring to blame routers for there issues, i dont have a Voadaphone router and still get issues, the only fix it to plug in a 4g dongle and all of the issues go away, strange that as vodaphone are only focused on the router been the issue..

DELAY TACTICS, vodafone seem to employ a customer is stupid attitude, just keep telling them the same thing and hoping they will goaway.... yes on occasion it maybe a wifi issue but when to plug in a cable and the issue is still there its like you are liying to them, so they get you to reboot the router 20 times and when that still dose not fix the issue, they ask for screen shots, the when the issue is still there they ask for screenshot in safe mode, and still the issue is there they then tell you you have to provide speed tests every 4 hours over 5 days and only then they will look at fixing the fauls by sending you a new router :-)

you could not make this up. 

View more options

Haha just been asked to provide exactly that as the next step to the investigation into my issue

I will do it just for a laugh but I think somehow Im going to know the outcome

I cant do what they want until next weekend anyway as they want test results in the morning afternoon and evening and Im at work all week.  Hey ho.  Good job Ive got my 4G phone hotspot to rely on when I want to stream TV...

Jimbo

View more options

vodafone router.jpgthat from the vodafone site in ireland they have better routers than we do 

View more options

@gipjon wrote:

vodafone router.jpgthat from the vodafone site in ireland they have better routers than we do 

What is the yellow triangle thing that appears in some posts?

View more options