cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone router replacement & Mesh - Asus ZenWiFi AX (XT8)

LoneTraveler
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hello all,

Just moved house and on to Vodafone home broadband (76mbps).

I want to purchase an Asus ZenWiFi AX (XT8) home router/mesh kit and wanted to enquire if this is suitable to replace the Vodafone router that I was supplied? Reading on this forum it sounds like I'll only need to obtain my username and password, however I wanted to double check that the hardware would suffice.

Furthermore, I use Unraid as a home server and have a number of services that require "double Nat / hairpining". Any advice would be greatly appreciated. 

Kind regards.

***Edit - After looking a bit closer, it would appear that the Asus ZenWiFi is not a modem and so I'm back to square one. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Anonymous
Not applicable

You need a separate VDSL2 modem as well.  So it'd something such as the Huawei HG612V3B (needs to have been unlocked - second hand off ebay, but are going to be a few years old, or the Draytek Vigor 130).

View solution in original position

4 REPLIES 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

If you were to get the Zen AX, a VDSL2 modem, and obtain your username and password, then on Superfast 2 it'd be pretty much a direct replacement for whatever ISP modem/router you've previously been using.

*If you think it's more complex than that, then providing us with a network topology sketch might help!

Hello, 

Thank you for replying. 

I have just placed an order for the Asus XT8, should be here Saturday. 

To clarify what you mentioned, if I obtain my username and password from Vodafone, I'll be able to swap out my Vodafone router for the Asus?

Many thanks. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

You need a separate VDSL2 modem as well.  So it'd something such as the Huawei HG612V3B (needs to have been unlocked - second hand off ebay, but are going to be a few years old, or the Draytek Vigor 130).

Many thanks. 

Just ordered a Draytek Vigor 130 off eBay.

Thanks for the advice.