Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vpn connection issues over wifi

Allyguest
2: Seeker

Hi, I have been using Nordvpn and have had no problems connecting over WiFi or mobile data. I have changed vpn to surfshark. It will not let me connect to that vpn over WiFi but will let me connect using mobile data. This is on my phone but I also have a chromebook and again it will not let me connect over WiFi. As I don't have mobile data on my chromebook I can't check that. Are there any settings I can change to allow connecting to the vpn using WiFi? In simplified terms please as I'm not that tech savvy, thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Allyguest

Hi, I have managed to solve the problem. I have Vodafone broadband as well as mobile. 

On the actual vodafone website, not the app, under broadband, it says manage content control. I had this set to 'safe'. I turned this off and now I can access surfshark over wifi as well as other websites that it seems to have been blocking.

Hope this helps someone else

View solution in original position

1 REPLY 1

Allyguest

Hi, I have managed to solve the problem. I have Vodafone broadband as well as mobile. 

On the actual vodafone website, not the app, under broadband, it says manage content control. I had this set to 'safe'. I turned this off and now I can access surfshark over wifi as well as other websites that it seems to have been blocking.

Hope this helps someone else