main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Other broadband queries

Way to go VF

13: Advanced Member

This is so fast, I can't control my excitment!

vf-28-20190210-1200-sync.gifGreat sync speedvf-27-20190210-1200-speedtest.gifShocking throughput through VF's network

View more options
6 REPLIES 6

Where are the VPN hosts located?

Pressumably, the route to get to them doesn't go via VFs slow network otherwise you wouldn't see a speed improvement when on them? (I'm basing this on the theory that VF don't throttle).

View more options
14: Advanced member

I just think it's runing on a out of date network that can't handle the amount of customers 

View more options
Moderator (Retired)

Well there's certainly no denying that's it pretty slow @mbames

Did you have anything else running in the background when you done this test?

A connection to a PS4/ XBOX gaming server, or 4K TV streaming perhaps?

What's the highest throughput speed you're seeing when you run a speedtest?

Blair

View more options

This taken was taken shortly after speaking to VF Directors Office who told me the service was working perfectly.  haha.

No streaming, etc going on (no games consoles in the house, unless a count a Wii, which wasn't on).  Just the one PC attached

View more options
15: Advanced member

At least you managed to get a reading from it!  From Teeside if you try to connect to the VFs London speedtest server I'd normally get that the server is unavailable!

Tried just now and got this result:

London Speedtest.gif

View more options

That is well shonky for the daytime.

Just tried mine - in both cases look at that perfectly capped max download speed.

Abingdon (speed test autoselected)

vf-29-20190211-1110-abin.gif

VF London

vf-29-20190211-1111-vf.gif12/02/2018 @ 11:11

View more options