Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

What IS going on with my line??

th3333
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Having recently signed up for broadband, I have experienced a rapid loss of speed and I can't see the reason why - can anyone help? I signed up for the up to 38Mbps package - and the dsl checker indicates that around 35 is realistic - and that is what I have had before.

router1.jpgWhen my router was sent, the 'Beast from the East' buried my parcel and I used a new TP link router to connect. The first few days, my line was limited to 27 Mbps - but I left it in to allow the DLM to hopefully do its thing...

Afetr a few days, no errors or disconnections, and my speed increased and the SNR went down:

router 2.jpg

However, again after NO disconnects or errors reported by the router - my speed has tumbled - I'm definitely being limited - but I can't work out why!

router3.jpgrouter 4.jpg

I have - out of desparation, connected my Vodafone router, replaced cables and it has fallen further still! 

router 5.jpgCan anyone offfer some help? Is it possible for Vodafone to reset the limit on my line? The CRC errors have all appeared today, as I've been out at work. Are they the problem? Help!

7 REPLIES 7

JamesBroadband
8: Helper
8: Helper

Similar to mine.

https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Broadband-Home-Phone/Shambolic-speeds-0-5mbit-s-to-8mbit-s-on-74mbit...

Was fine for a week, then nothing but issues. Vodafone are inept and are most definitely over capacity. BT on the other hand? Working brilliantly.

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

@th3333 This isn't good to see. So we can make sure the information held on your account is correct, please advise which router you're using.

If you're using the Vodafone router, please confirm this is provisioned correctly with our dedicated Live Chat team. If you're using your own router they'll be able to provide your username and password so this can be registered to your account correctly.

As stated in my post - I'm now using the Vodafone router - set up correctly and , for what it's worth, plugged in to the test socket.

This morning the speed dropped again to 22Mbps sync speed.

I already was provided with the broadband username and password, which is how I was accessing broadband originally.

Just to add to the ridiculous nature of this, every day my sync speed is dropping. I'm now at 18mbps.

I have no other drops, the DLM has gone rogue. 

If the fault isn't fixed early next week, I shall be leaving as I'm in my initial 30 days.

Could anyone advise me - when leaving in the first 30 days cool off period, do I simply sign up with another provider - or do I have to tell Vodafone forst? I'd like to try and avoid any downtime and I still haven't heard back from tech2 on my fault ticket. My speed is now capped at half of what it was a week ago. ugh.

@th3333wrote:

Could anyone advise me - when leaving in the first 30 days cool off period, do I simply sign up with another provider - or do I have to tell Vodafone forst? I'd like to try and avoid any downtime and I still haven't heard back from tech2 on my fault ticket. My speed is now capped at half of what it was a week ago. ugh.

Sign up with another provider, they will process the cancellation and switchover.

I switched from Voda inside 30 days to BT, went through with no loss of service. Good riddance Vodafone.

Just take  care as the new provider may not be able to connect you before the 30 days is up, unless  you can persuade them to.  Formally advise vodafone that you are cancelling the contract (i) with 30 days, and (ii) due to their inablility to provide the service as guaranteed.

Good luck