cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

What is the current status of FTTP with Openreach?

tech3475
3: Seeker

Hi,

I've found out that Openreach are in my area offering FTTP, however so far only BT seem to be actually offering it.

I've read that in the past at least Vodafone were relying on Cityfibre but I've also read that they apparently created a deal with Openreach as well.

Is there any news on whether Vodafone is expanding their FTTP reach via Openreach in the near future or am I basically stuck with BT for FTTP?

Thank you.

5 REPLIES 5

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @tech3475! Our Gigafast broadband is FTTP - you can find out if you can get our seriously fast full fibre broadband on our website. Just hit 'Check availability' and pop in your postcode to see what deals you'll be able to get 😁 

Thanks but I’m aware of this, the issue however is that it’s saying that Vodafone FTTP isn’t available.

However if I were to sign up with BT I would be able to get FTTP.

Hi @tech3475 

The FTTP service that we offer is through CityFibre, our Openreach service is FTTC which we can provide speeds up to 76mbps. 

If it was FTTP that you're looking for, keep an eye on our website here for any updates 🙂

I saw a convincing article on internet that Vodafone has signed up a deal with Openreach to provide FTTP to non-corporate customers now. Wonder when it's coming to Greater London areas.

Currently I only have BT and a few other options. Today just received a flyer from Sky that their FTTP is now available in my area. Hope Vodafone is catching up with the game over here soon.

JamesBand

I am wondering the exact same thing as a Vodafone broadband customer.

Openreach has now (finally) delivered FTTP to this rural area since Jan 2020 and thus my property shows up as FTTP available on the Openreach website with capability of "up to 1000Mbps".

However, only BT seems to offer FTTP (Ultrafast Fibre 900) and Vodafone is only showing up with FTTC products for this area (as of June 2020). Right now on the copper line and Vodafone Superfast FTTC product, I am getting 2Mbps (and unreliable at that). 

As a Vodafone mobile customer, I would love to go with Vodafone for FTTP. Like the OP, I can see that Vodafone only seem to offer FTTP via CityFibre (at certain locations), but also see news that Vodafone will be offering FTTP via Openreach.

When will Vodafone start offering an FTTP product via Openreach, and hopefully offer similar prices to its Gigafast lineup? There are PLENTY of customers who would go with Vodafone if they offered an FTTP product on Openreach. Right now, it seems I would have no choice and would have to go with BT to get the benefits of Full Fibre (of 900Mbps) to the property.