main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Other broadband queries

Whenever printer is used wirelessly it kills off the internet for 5 or so minutes

Highlighted
2: Seeker

Hey, so this has been going on for a while. It's just as the title says, both the router and the printer are new, router being the vodafone 1958 I think and the printer being the HP ENVY Photo 6230. has anybody else experienced this or knows how to fix it? i can give more info if asked but i honestly dont know what else to provide right now

View more options
2 REPLIES 2

That's very strange @Meoown 🤔

Many new HP printers have an option called Wi-Fi Direct built into them.  This makes the printer into a hotspot and it broadcasts its own Wi-Fi signal.  I know this setting usually comes set on by default, so maybe try turning it off if it is and see if this helps at all. 

Let me know how you get on and don't hesitate to get back in touch if you're still having trouble, I'll be happy to help you further. 

View more options
4: Newbie

Hi Meown.  When you say it "kills off the internet" do you mean

1) the wifi strength is reduced

2) the wi-fi connection drops completely but cable connections still work

3) you can't access the internet from the device you are trying to print from but others can

4) no-one can access the internet from any device?

Also, does unplugging the printer (either power or network) during that 5 minute period fix the problem? 

View more options