cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Which VOIP phone works with Vodaphone Gigafast phone service?

dazai
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi, Been told by customer service to get a VOIP with a hide caller ID function if i want to hide my caller ID because they cannot do it from there end.

Dailing 141 then entering the number i wish to call doesnt work using any BT socket phones. i have tried a Panasonic phone and BT decor 2600. Even tried RJ11 to RJ11 but neither of these phone would turn on without using the adapter they give.

I have a old Snom D710 but not sure how to set it up with the vodaphone gigafast phone service. i tried connecting it to telephone port but nothing happens. when plugging it into a ethernet port it doesnt detect the vodaphone number.

Anyone know a VOIP which i can just plug in back of the tel ports on the rotuer or a BT phone which has a hide caller ID function.

2 REPLIES 2

dzuser
4: Newbie

Hi,

Just wondering if you made any progress in respect to the above? Reason being is I've just got Gigafast and looking to configure a VOIP phone.

Thanks.

DZ

Hi,

if you want to use a VOIP device with the number Vodafone provided than you will need a Gigaset N300 IP DECT/VoIP Base Station and a compatible handset that works with Gigaset N300. You plug the Gigaset N300 to one of the two ports marked telephone on the router and wirelessly connect a compatible handset to the base station.

Also, you can now withhold your number by dialling 141 than entering the telephone number you want to call. Even customer service 3rd line won’t tell you this because they don’t know when they added this feature.