main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Other broadband queries

Why am I having such problems?...

SOLVED
View solved solution
3: Seeker

Dear All

I was with BT for broadband, and have been for over 15 years, but had got to the point in the last 12 months where I was fed up of paying £70.50 by DD for the service so with having my mobile with Vodafone, again for in excess of 15 years, I decided to take the plunge and move.

Asked on chat, and was told that everything would be seamless, I needed to do nothing other than place the order; which I did, and sent the order number to the agent.

2 days later, I get a call from Vodafone to tell me that my order had got stuck in their system and I needed to place another one; a bit strange I thought, but did exactly that.

New order placed, all seemed to be going well, and I received a migration date of 29/01/2019... great news I thought! However, a week before that date I get another call from Vodafone to tell me that my order was stuck in the system because I had some "SMS" service from BT that was unsupported and they could not migrate the line so I had to contact BT and cancel this... when I asked, will I be migrating on 29/01/2019, all I got was "no" - great!

So, set about BT to find that I had no such service, so got on Vodafone chat only to be told that my order was stuck in the system so to place another one and they would ensure it went through fine - my answer, no!, have already placed 2 for god sake... then the agent suddenly decided that everything would be ok.

I got an email telling me of my pending router delivery, good I thought all going well... and the router duly arrived; I then got another email telling me of my pending router delivery... hmmm, do i really need 2 I wondered, but even though I contacted them the extra router arrived!

We get to migration day... BT is disconnected, but is Vodafone connected?... NO.

I get on the telephone (191) on 30/01/2019, on hold for almost 1 1/2 hours to them be cut off... not looking good I am starting to think!

I get on chat on 31/01/2019 @ 8:00am, to be told that my router needed configuring... which the agent apparently did remotely, and that when I got home if I reset my router then all would work perfectly (strange, I work in IT and would have thought resetting it would overwrite any changes they had made, but who am I to disagree)... so duly did this, and sadly no broadband.

I get on chat on 31/01/2019 @ 6:00pm, to be told that my order is stuck in the system (why did the agent this morning not know this) and that they had a technical team working on it and it would be 24 to 72 hours to resolve; not good enough I said... I have been without broadband now for 2 days, not exactly the seamless process I was promised... the agent then said, don't worry the line is being tested and it will be on in a couple of hours.

So we are today, 01/02/2019, some 3 days without the service I am supposed to be paying for and you've guessed it no broadband; you cannot get in touch with them, because all agents are busy or the telephone isn't answered... so what do I do?!?!?!

View more options
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
10: Established

Leave Vodafone now.  That is your best course of action.  Go before your thirty days escape window is closed.

When you are eventually connected your problems will really start: 

• Garbage router with unstable wifi and a maximum of four wired devices (reportedly Vodafone don't support switches)
  • Speed deterioration to the point of being unusable (reportedly Vodafone will only accept speed test results from one particular source - one that always returns good results)
  • As you are already seeing, good customer service is something that Vodafone choose not to do

Read through these community pages... you'll be hard pressed to find anything but endless examples of poor broadband, poor support and even poorer customer service.  You certainly won't find many (if any) successfully resolved issues or happy customers.  

Despite the shockngly bad service all round, once thirty days have elapsed, Vodafone won't release people unless the full early exit fee is paid.  In my case, over £200.

Run while you can.

from the Guardian, 30th January 2019

Vodafone has been named the most-complained about broadband and landline provider in a quarterly league table compiled by the media and broadcasting regulator Ofcom.

Vodafone topped the list on the very first time it featured, having only just become eligible for inclusion in the survey.

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2019/jan/30/vodafone-tops-most-complained-about-broadband-provi...

View more options
9 REPLIES 9
14: Advanced member

dont mess about talking to vodafone the way you are ,

ring the complaint department up if you dont get the uk one hang up and dial again 

https://www.vodafone.co.uk/help-and-information/complaints

the newcastle complaint department is pretty good at sorting issues out 

know your rights ofcom recommend £6 compensation for each day your service is delayed

compansaion.jpg

View more options
10: Established

Leave Vodafone now.  That is your best course of action.  Go before your thirty days escape window is closed.

When you are eventually connected your problems will really start: 

• Garbage router with unstable wifi and a maximum of four wired devices (reportedly Vodafone don't support switches)
  • Speed deterioration to the point of being unusable (reportedly Vodafone will only accept speed test results from one particular source - one that always returns good results)
  • As you are already seeing, good customer service is something that Vodafone choose not to do

Read through these community pages... you'll be hard pressed to find anything but endless examples of poor broadband, poor support and even poorer customer service.  You certainly won't find many (if any) successfully resolved issues or happy customers.  

Despite the shockngly bad service all round, once thirty days have elapsed, Vodafone won't release people unless the full early exit fee is paid.  In my case, over £200.

Run while you can.

from the Guardian, 30th January 2019

Vodafone has been named the most-complained about broadband and landline provider in a quarterly league table compiled by the media and broadcasting regulator Ofcom.

Vodafone topped the list on the very first time it featured, having only just become eligible for inclusion in the survey.

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2019/jan/30/vodafone-tops-most-complained-about-broadband-provi...

View more options

I'm sorry there's been a delay activating your service @russellgoodwin. As we'll need access to your account to look into what's caused this, please get in touch by following the instructions in the private message I've sent you.

View more options

So... the saga continues!

I took "gipjon"'s advice and called the complaints team.

Apparently, my order was being held up by Open Reach as "Steve" checked in their system whilst I was on the phone to him.

The call overall was in excess of an hour, the result being that the "order" Vodafone had in with BT would move from "acknowledged" to "committed" on Tuesday 5th February (yesterday) and he would call me to give me a confirmed migration date.

Needless to say, that didn't happen... so I am still without broadband, over a week now, and no sign of when it is going to be activated.

View more options

Well according to Ofcom you should be getting £6 A day . So I hope  the complaint team are going to give you compensation as you are entitled to it . The first guess will be they will try and get away with not paying any 

View more options
Highlighted

Hi Gipjon

When I have referenced that payment in the communications with Vodafone, I am met with "not all providers have signed up and agreed at that level"... so I asked have Vodafone, to be told simply "no".

So far, I am 9 days without broadband = £54, but I don't hold out much hope.

I spent a futher hour+ on the phone to them today, to be told that the order is still held up by Open Reach... and I asked why their complaints team had not called me back to be told that it was unacceptable (no kidding).

Then, their activation team inform me that there is still a delay and it will take 24 hours for them to call me back!

For thier record, as calls are recorded, they were instructued today that in th next 24 hours when they are aledgedly to call me back that I will not accept any further delays, I expect a clear date of delivery, and I expect a suitable compensation package that may make me stay with them.

I'm not a betting man, but if I were...

View more options

That is so wrong on many level . I would ring the complaint number up and ask them to look to it 

View more options

Having spent the last two days on the phone to them for over 3 hours in total to still be told "it is another 24 hours" each time, this is by far the best solution and is one I have followed; I today cancelled my order.

View more options
Moderator (Retired)

It sounds like you've not had a great experience @russellgoodwin, and it's disappointing that you've decided to cancel over this. If there's anything further we can help with please let us know. 

I really hope you get back up and running soon. 

Blair

View more options