main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Other broadband queries

Why does it say broadband available by postcode, yet when i put the phone numeber in it says not?

1: Seeker

I want to buy vodafone broadband, as im currentlyw ith BT, and i want rid asap. Yet when i go to order online, and put in my postcode it says all is fine and i can get it. Yet if i put in the phone number aswell, it says its not available in my area. My next door neighbour uses vodafone?

View more options
3 REPLIES 3
17: Community Champion

Hi @ricflairandy

It might be beneficial to ask your neighbour's if they experienced any problems signing up and to also ask them how Vodafone Broadband has been working for them so you know what to expect in the way of download and upload speeds.

If your still stuck and clearing your browers cookies and caches yield no positive results then give them a call.

Give us a call on 08080 034 511. Lines open 8am to 9pm, seven days a week. "

Current Phone > Samsung Note 9 _512Gb > Model: SM-N960 Hybrid-Duos.

Samsung One Ui  / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch.

View more options
14: Advanced member

clearing your browers cookies and caches yield will not do any thing , 

asking your next door will not do any thing ,

The issue is your phone number is not correctly registered on the database , yes you can having vodafone broadband but you will have to ring up ,

Befor you do I would suggest you read some of the other threads with ref to speed , vodafone seams to be having a lot of issues with speed , (internet download speed drops to 5mb downloads etc )

https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Internet-speed/bd-p/Speed

View more options
10: Established

@ricflairandy wrote:

I want to buy vodafone broadband, as im currentlyw ith BT, and i want rid asap. Yet when i go to order online, and put in my postcode it says all is fine and i can get it. Yet if i put in the phone number aswell, it says its not available in my area. My next door neighbour uses vodafone?

May I suggest you read through some of the threads here in the community pages before you jump ship to Vodafone.  BT may be a little more expensive but if the service they provide works as advertised and as you expect / require it will be better than any less expensive service that can't and/or wont provide an as advertised service.  

Latest telecoms and pay-TV complaints revealed - Ofcom Report published January 2019

Vodafone and Virgin receive the most complaints in latest Ofcom results - Which.co.uk

There are many reports available - all about the same Ofcom survey.  Draw your own conclusions and better inform your choice of new ISP.  Of course, none are perfect but some are very much less perfect than others.

View more options