main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Other broadband queries

Why is the new Vodafone router so ugly ? why dont you record serial numbers when sending new kit?

Highlighted
2: Seeker

So the first router we had looked "cool" and fitted well into an ultra modern home. Even the red ambient light looked good in the evening and the router could be on display.  We have recently been sent a new router to rectify a streaming issue to TV (wifi) and first impressions, its ugly, huge and drab. What happened Vodafone the first version was ikonic the latest version looks more like a cheap lego brick ? and i'd be tempted to hide it in a cupboard which im sure won't help my wifi issue.

The other issue is the serial number of the new router isn't on your system so i can't use it. Pretty useless when you can't get through on the phone. 

Waited 50 minutes on the phone to speak to a person but gave up so still braving it with the origonal router ? 235107_01_vodafone_vox_30_hero_update.jpgvodafone_gigafast_broadband_router_back.jpg

View more options
3 REPLIES 3

I'm sorry to hear you're disappointed with the look of the new router @shiftypete, we're pretty pleased with it here and once it's up and running I'm sure you'll be impressed by it too.

So we can begin registering it for you, pop your full name, account number and postcode over to us by a private message on Facebook or Twitter and we'll get the ball rolling.

View more options
10: Established

@Mark wrote:

I'm sorry to hear you're disappointed with the look of the new router @shiftypete, we're pretty pleased with it here and once it's up and running I'm sure you'll be impressed by it too.

I asked elsewhere but I don't mind asking again... is the original router now discontinued and replaced by the new 'Lego Brick"?  If so, presumably it performs better than the older model and can I have one please?

Many thanks, I'll wait in for DHL Tom to deliver it 

View more options
2: Seeker

Hi Shiftypete,

I did not think there was such a thing as a cheap Lego Brick!

I would only use the description of ugly, huge and drab to describe my first girlfriend.

In truth my first impressions were like your own. However as it sits near my TV I have grown to appreciate that it is also solid and does not distract. I particully like that the activity lights are low key.

View more options