cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Why won't my tv connect to my broadband even with a cable ?

Wendyadele2020
4: Newbie

why won't my tv connect to broadband even with a cable?

39 REPLIES 39

Who was the previous internet provider, and did they supply the Freesat box, and if you had to reset it would you lose any important stored content?

Plusnet, no they didn't supply the freesat box. No i won't loose any information, but I have already reset the freesat box, but trying to reset my TV, I have lost connect from TV to Freesat box.  Thank you for your help, you must be as frustrated as I am!!

i will keep fiddling and ask around for someone to come in and help.

i did send some pictures yesterday, hoping they would help.

thankfully, Wendy

IMG_3303.JPGIMG_3304.JPGIMG_3307.JPG

@Wendyadele2020 wrote:

I have just purchased 2 new Ethernet cables, both plugged in, still no channels,

I have demand, but keeps keeps cutting out. Router has full single.

This is a little worrying, are you saying on demand is working (albeit poorly)?

When you say you have no channels are you referring to the satellite channels?

Jayach
16: Advanced member

Your pictures have now been moderated. Thanks for that.

They show there is no problem with the connection to the internet, but the satellite connection seems disconnected. Try reconnecting the F-plug coaxial connector. I don't see it in your pictures, but if there are two possible sockets, try the other one. (Did you disconnect it whilst connecting to the new router?)

Jayach_0-1655475773106.png

Jayach

This picture 

Jayach_0-1655476427759.png

Appears to be your tele saying it has been reset, and wants to rescan for the terrestrial channels (via the aerial).

Just press O.K., it will take a few minutes .

Jayach

Not sure how it all went so wrong. All you should have needed to do was take the internet cable out of the PlusNet router and plug it in to the Vodafone one. No need to touch the Humax at all.

Thank you for your help, I am at a loss, no idea where to go from here!!

You last 3 pictures have been moderated, and they show the TV is connected to the internet fine.

So basically you now need to do the channel scan on the TV, and to get the Satellite cable connection to the Humax sorted out, and you will be back to where you were, plus the TV has an internet connection which it didn't have before.

IMG_3308.JPG