Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Wi-fi clients disconnecting/connecting all the time

paulfoel
2: Seeker

Sky box I connect to wifi and I can see it connecting/disconnecting constantly.

Happens with wired too. Ive tried wired for sky - same. Same with my smart TV which is wired. Conenct/disconnect every 20 secs.

Also, on the router, can see "wi fi client disconnected/connected". Only seems to be SOME devices though. Weird.

Tried the usual. REboot sky, reboot router.

And "connection to ACS failed" as well.

6 REPLIES 6

Gavincotton

I'm getting exactly the same issue since this morning. Been told to work from home and it's been impossible. 

Think mines been like it a while....

I read somewhere that the router can't handle loads of connections. Last week, mine have increased - inc my work laptop now.

I had a look and there were 3 mobiles, sky, 2 pcs, xbox, kindles etc. Log into your router and take a look at the log file - I could see disconenct/connect for loads of things.

Earlier today I unplugged the xbox and it got a little better. This was one thing that was playing up.

Ultimately, the router is crap. Im buying a new one arriving tomorrow which, hopefully, will be better.

Ah OK cheers for the headsup.. I do have loads connected tbh, sky boxes, 4 WiFi speakers, tvs.. Now work laptop. Will check that later, thanks again! 

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Gavincotton @paulfoel Hi both! Disconnecting or switching off any devices that aren't being used or needed should also help to improve your speeds and connection. If your sync speeds are above our guaranteed speed, you can go through our troubleshooting steps which may help when clicking 'Continue' after scrolling down. 

Wasnt so much the speed it was the local clients conencting/disconnecting. It seems once I had more than 7 or 8 (easy to exceed this with phones, xbox, sky, smart tv kindles etc) the router just could not cope.

I'm afraid the vodaphone stock router is substandard. Bought a replacement high spec TPLINK and its brilliant. No more problems at all. Sorry poor router.

Hi, could you share a link to the TPLINK? Think I need this too..!