cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Wireless channel selection missing in expert mode?

Adster
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hello

I was having some issues with my modem/router THG-3000, so I did a factory reset. However, now there is no option to select the wireless channels in expert mode. I need to manually select my 5GHZ channel to achieve max speeds on my wireless.

Was this removed by a recent firmware update or is my router bugged?

Thanks for any help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I found a solution to change the channel! While the issue still does exist (and hopefully they fix it soon) when trying to change the channel in Expert Mode, if you have Vodafone App you cna change the channel for your Wi-Fi through that. I hav the iOS version of the app, and in that, if I go to Wi-Fi, then Advanced Settings I cna change the channel in there. Hope this helps!

View solution in original position

206 REPLIES 206

Jayach
16: Advanced member

I've got the THG3000 router and the wi-fi analyser doesn't show my router at all. Are you sure your not looking at someone else's router.

Yes, the status page shows the local network  on channel 3 and the 2.4Ghz scanner is showing channel 11...

Screen shots in the attachment

I definitely don’t see such granular data  when I go into mine

Jayach

@deeayjay

Here are mine. My router is on 1 and 112 as you can see from the SSID screenshots but it doesn't show in the analyser. The GL-MT300M-V2-7cc is also mine used as a AP and has the same output strength as the Voda router, why the Voda didn't choose another channel I don't know.

I'm still suspicious your router isn't one of the 2 shown as the output strength doesn't seem strong enough.

Jayach

@deeayjay Sorry I now see the name is the same, still seems strange the power is so low, have you got any repeaters as that would explain it.

Jayach

@Beth wrote:

Hi all, we've not have any confirmation that this been removed. Have you tried to process this through the MyVodafone app as @bigad1992 suggested? We're unable to go into account specifics over the forum but our social media team are available to help 24/7 🙂

What more confirmation do you need than the fact that nobody is able to change it with the current version of the app?

It was confirmed to me & I was given the "not very believable" reason as stated in one of my previous posts.

I feel treated like an idiot with these kind of replies by moderators/technicians/customer support. And I don't say this lightly. Looks like a strategy to stall the problem and not address it.

Remember to turn off autoupdate in playstore after installing v 4.1.0

Does anyone know if the new 4.2.2 version (30 Sept) of the app has reinstated the option to change the Wi-fi channel? I've got the old version but don't want to update it & then have to roll back again.