cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Wireless channel selection missing in expert mode?

Adster
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hello

I was having some issues with my modem/router THG-3000, so I did a factory reset. However, now there is no option to select the wireless channels in expert mode. I need to manually select my 5GHZ channel to achieve max speeds on my wireless.

Was this removed by a recent firmware update or is my router bugged?

Thanks for any help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I found a solution to change the channel! While the issue still does exist (and hopefully they fix it soon) when trying to change the channel in Expert Mode, if you have Vodafone App you cna change the channel for your Wi-Fi through that. I hav the iOS version of the app, and in that, if I go to Wi-Fi, then Advanced Settings I cna change the channel in there. Hope this helps!

View solution in original position

206 REPLIES 206

That’s interesting. I was setting up a new router at work (Unifi USG, so maybe not that new) and the BT Broadband user/pass is the same for all subscribers. I had naively assumed this was common practice now 

CrimsonLiar
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

@Dr_J wrote:

That’s interesting. I was setting up a new router at work (Unifi USG, so maybe not that new) and the BT Broadband user/pass is the same for all subscribers. I had naively assumed this was common practice now 

Unfortunately not!  Openreach owning the distribution network gives BT more flexibility when it comes to authenticating users than they can or can extend to companies making use of LLU (Local Loop Unbundling).

Most routers are pretty easy to set up, provided you get the correct username and password from customer services.  The modem choice is becoming more awkward, so I'd probably try to go for a modem/router combo.

This morning I had to reboot my router 6 times as it got stuck on channel 4 which is useless, now on 9 and can browse and stream again.  Vodafone, stop treating customers like idiots and telling them the Router picks the best channel, if you mean to save you bandwidth to stop customer from streaming, then your spot on.

I have seven months left of my contract, and they keep sending emails with offers to increase the speed, great increase the speed to the router, and let the WiFi screw it up, no thanks.

Has anyone managed to find a why to fix the channel, or get out of their contract due to the issues with their routers ?

Thank you

From a suggestion upthread I loaded an old version of the Vodafone Broadband app onto a v old android phone I had knocking around. That version of the app allows channel selection. 

good luck 

"From a suggestion upthread I loaded an old version of the Vodafone Broadband app onto a v old android phone I had knocking around. That version of the app allows channel selection. good luck " DJ

Thanks DJ unfortunately that would mean buying a android device just to change the channel, I have iPhones.  

Thank you

Yeah. We’re apple mainly here, too. Just had one lying around from an old project. Very lucky! It really is unbelievable that this is the workaround we’ve had to use for like 2 years now. 

You could also try creating an Android virtual machine (x86) and load the app there. There should be loads of tutorials on YouTube.

I hope this helps. Ta. 

Oh that’s a good shout. Definitely going to try that out - much more convenient than trying to find where the hell I put an ancient handset 😂

Thank you, I will have a go creating a Android VM

Hi Dr_J,

Sorry for reviving such an old thread but I'm having trouble setting up the the broadband app, as advised in this thread.

I've downloaded 4.1.0 via Aptoide using the link in this thread.

After selecting my model of hub it wants me to connect to my network.

It gives me two methods - QR code or "manual".

If I select QR code and scan the code on the bottom of my hub it's simply returns me to the hub model selection screen and the setup process is started again.

If I select to connect manually is simply takes me to the Android network connections screen. As I am already connected to my Wi-Fi network I can't see what I'm supposed to do on this screen.

If I go back into the app I just get the attached screen telling me pairing has failed.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Screenshot_20230221_221612_eu.reply.cordless.uk.jpg