main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Other broadband queries

With BT Infinity 2 thinking of taking the Plunge to VF Superfast 2

SOLVED
View solved solution
2: Seeker

Morning all,

I have a dilemma. Been with BT Infinity 2 for years. Excellent service, I get around 40mb wireless speed in my living room well away from my router and advertised speeds to the router of around 78 mb. However.......I'm paying £58 per month! I have 3 VF mobile lines so can get Superfast 2 for £26 however seeing lots of stories of horrendously slow sync speeds and poor wireless. So, what is the router like? And are a lot of the stories purely based on location e.g. postcode or house build or are there customers who have had excellent service prior to moving to Vodafone? We rely on internet so much in our house so would like some informed input please? The likes of Broadband Genie and Broadband Choices and Tech Radar appear to have decent reviews so I'm torn!?

View more options
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
17: Community Champion

Take into account people predominantly sign up to a forum to raise concerns and issues. 

There has also been some posts saying they are happy with Vodafone Broadband. 

If a person wants they can use some 3rd party routers once they have the password credentials from Vodafone. 

Also a person has a 30 day cooling off period to try out the service and then leave without fees if they want. 

Current Phone > Samsung Note 9 _512Gb > Model: SM-N960 Hybrid-Duos.

Samsung One Ui  / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch.

View more options
11 REPLIES 11
17: Community Champion

Take into account people predominantly sign up to a forum to raise concerns and issues. 

There has also been some posts saying they are happy with Vodafone Broadband. 

If a person wants they can use some 3rd party routers once they have the password credentials from Vodafone. 

Also a person has a 30 day cooling off period to try out the service and then leave without fees if they want. 

Current Phone > Samsung Note 9 _512Gb > Model: SM-N960 Hybrid-Duos.

Samsung One Ui  / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch.

View more options

Yeah I did consider the cooling off period was an option. Just can't find many positive reviews anywhere which can help me decide. Only the Tech/broadband sites. I have seen that BT routers appear to be blocked from being used with other ISPs though

Thanks 

View more options
13: Advanced Member

The Vodafone 38mbps broadband service I have works fine. I don't use the Vodafone router as it is not good at keeping the DSL connecion active  and the wifi won't support many devices.  

They have added many new customers recently.   For the service I have their speeds are similar to Plusnet. as shown here.   Apparently they have a £30bn debt pile which is perhaps why they are not as quick at upgrading their backhaul links as they might be.

View more options

Thanks,

judging by the varying opinions on forums and responses I am seeing I might just stay put, pay the extra and bite the bullet with my infinity as it is solid in terms of speeds, wifi and ping/latency (touch wood!)

View more options
4: Newbie

I've only been with Vodafone a couple of weeks but so far, I'm not impressed. Guaranteed speed of 61+Mb/s, but actual speed varies between 5 and 20 (even though I was getting constant speeds of 70+ with my previous ISP).

That said, you do get a month to change your mind so you may as well give it a shot and see what it's like.  At worst, you can cancel and go back to BT. Which is what I'll probably be doing in the next few days.

View more options

Thanks for that, another added to the list of customers who appear to have been mislaid in terms of service offered. I may just try and negotiate a little saving with BT or maybe drop down from Infinity 2 to the 50mb pack to save a little

View more options
1: Seeker

I've just switched from BT to Vodafone. As you say service and speed from BT has been faultless, the cost just kept creeping up and there were many more deals available which BT were unable to match

I've had Vodafone up and running for around two weeks now. The sync speed to the router is showing as 54 so slightly below the minimum guaranteed and when using a wired ethernet connection to a laptop all is fine.

Wireless is a different story and all over the place. I've had four sessions with Vodafone support now (split SSID, changed various chanels, reset the router) and they seem unable to get me anywhere near the wifi speed delivered by BT over WiFi. I was planning to try reconfiguring my BT router to work with Vodafone, but from what I've read this isn't possible.

I have today invested in some BT Whole Home discs (mesh network) which use a wired connection to the router and then effectively create a seperate WiFi network to try and improve speeds. We use them in the office and they're compatible with any router, so either way they are worthwhile futureproof investment should I not stick with Vodafone before the end of the cooling off period.

View more options

Hi, I live in a bad area for broadband, I was with EE for years as I took a phone contract with Orange must be over 20 yrs ago where the contract was over £35 with free broadband for as long as I had the contract, until EE canceled it! Since then I've tried a lot of providers, switching whenever the price went up, most of them couldn't get anywhere near the promised speed (post office Bbwas 1mb) my house is awash with routers but I can say vf give me the same speed as BT, only 12 but I hardly use it anyway

View more options

Nooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

View more options
Highlighted
3: Seeker

That is what I wish we had done. Had BT Infinity for years and consistently good service. Then they messed up be billing over months and we moved to Vodafone. Wired connection just about works fine but Wi-fi is so slow in the evening that even Amazon and Facebook struggle, let  alone YouTube or similar. Will look to go elsewhere 

View more options
4: Newbie

dont bother, had month of excuses and never got anywhere near speeds they said after 5oclock at night sometimes as low as 1mbs . went to bt from 6am on day of activation had 50mbs all day all night and ever since as promised. take what you want from that.

View more options