Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Wps not activated

marcw
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi, I’d trying to connect devices to my boss phone router using wps. The admin page in the router says wps is inactive.  The wifi page says super wifi is managing the settings. If I click on the pair button it counts down for 3 seconds and stops.   Is there a way to stop the mobile app from controlling the settings so I can configure wps manually?

5 REPLIES 5

Jayach
16: Advanced member

Is this a mobile router or home broadband, only you have posted in the Broadband and Home Phone forum.

Either way could you not connect using the WiFi password?

Hi, it’s a hybrid home broadband router, it’s connected to ADSL with mobile backup.  The device I’m trying to connect is difficult to setup without wps. 

Jayach

Are they on the Vodafone Pro service? If so the router should be the THG3000.

By default the WPS is enabled. if it is not enabled on their router you should be able to toggle it on, Don't forget to press Apply after changing it.

WPS.jpg

Hi, that’s the problem, the web app is controlling the settings instead of the local admin console. The pairing doesn’t work (wps is disabled) and I can’t see a way to setup wps in the mobile app.  Thanks

Overview.png

Overview 2.png

Jayach

I don't have Vodafone Pro, just plain old broadband, but I have the same router (THG3000) and I can't see how the app can override you logging into the router.

Use a browser to go to 192.168.1.1. and log in with the password on the bottom of the router. (not the WiFi password)

You should then have access to the router.

If you are not able to log in then Pro comes with access to Vodafone's WiFi Xperts, presumably your boss should have received details on how to contact them.