main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Other broadband queries

YouTube annoyingly slow

4: Newbie

Clearly something is going on if users have to use a VPN. My issue isn't with YouTube that plays fine my issue is with twitch. All day, not just peak times I cannot watch anything above 720p sometimes even that resolution struggles. 

I've been testing my speeds with fast.com recently, I believe it's a test for streaming to Netflix. These speeds are considerably a lot lower than what I'm meant to be syncing at. I'm leaving Vodafone on the 21st December they have never achieved speeds they sold me. Yes I received the 15% discount as a result of this but i would rather have a solid internet connection instead of a few quid off my bill. 

View more options
2: Seeker

I'm not using a single bit of vodafone's dodgy kit I'm using an unlocked Huawei openreach modem hooked up to a pfsense router and the problem still exists. I even play along and install the pile of dog mess Vodafone router just so they can tell me to reset it. I suspect more people are suffering from it but they either ignore it .. reload... Or call help support and get asked to restart the router which as we all know fixes all problems. I do not expect the average user with a problem to post it here on the Vodafone forum so we can't say who is and how many are affected.

View more options
3: Seeker

Spoken to the twitter support team, they have a temporary solution whilst they fix the issue. You'll need to change the DNS settings to manual in the router settings. To access them put 192.168.1.1 into your bowser, then go into expert mode, internet tab, then DNS settings. Change it to manual, then i used OpenDNS (but you can choose a different one if you google it) which is 208.67.222.222 and 208.67.220.220. 

I am able to stream twitch perfectly now, and also access imgur which was blocked before. Hope this helps anyone until they fix this permanently. 

View more options

So have they admitted it's a Vodafone issue? I had several live chat and phone calls saying it was something out of Vodafones control. I managed to get out of contract early due to speed issues and I switch on the 21st December. Hope it gets sorted for you guys 

View more options

Always has been a Vodafone issue, 

its most likely congestion, as I always have my dns changed to Google’s.

my sync rate is top end but noise is the issue

2: Seeker

I've always been using cloudflare's 1.1.1.1 DNS as it's the fastest. The problem still persists for me regardless of DNS settings, I just use cloudflare because it's better. But only when using VyperVPN do my YT videos stream correctly. I have about 20 days of vodafone left so I won't be continuing with the thread and wish you guys the best of luck resolving it but I think vodafone doesn't really care about the issue at all... so your best bet would be to either jump ship or ask for a discount; i don't think they'll ever fix it. 

View more options
1: Seeker

SOLVED! I had exactly the same issue but then i tried youtube on Incognito mode and the issue was solved! It appears that somehow my google account has a bug which throttles my youtube speeds. If that works then try logging out of your youtube account and Chrome Browser and see if its the same! Try a 4k 60 fps video and right click on the video Stats for Nerds to see the difference in speed. It worked for me accross all devices! I also signed out of my youtube account in my LG TV and boom i could suddenly watch 4K 60fps with no interruption! I still do not know why this is happening but I am now convinced its not a Vodafone issue! 

View more options
1: Seeker

I have the same issues, with my own Draytek Vigor 130 modem and Ubiquiti Unifi router. DNS is set to Cloudflare.

Never had issues on BT using the same equipment or settings.

Definitely something at Vodafone broadband. It most often goes away when I just stream on 4G or use a VPN

View more options