Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

a question about sync speed

malkpm
4: Newbie

I am having speed problems. My speed is usually around 7.2 but recently it has changed to as low as 1.9.  Currently it is 4.2. Normally rerestarting the DSL improves the speed, but, this is not happening now. 

Until a couple of days ago I would reset but overnight it would drop again.

I have asked for help via Messenger and they keep asking me to check wifi settings etc.

My question is what does the router syc speed show?

I always believed it was what the route synced to the exchange but the help people dont seem to understand this. Perhaps I am wrong.

Thanks for looking. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Jayach
16: Advanced member

08080 034 515 for Home Broadband support (free from all UK landlines and mobiles).

Unfortunately the wait will be very long

View solution in original position

15 REPLIES 15

Jayach

08080 034 515 for Home Broadband support (free from all UK landlines and mobiles).

Unfortunately the wait will be very long

Hi. I have been keeping a note of speeds and snr.

After a long chat a ticket was raised. The result was to send me a new modem.

As you can see from the attached there has been no difference in speeds.

Should I expect a change in speeds? It appears to me that something at the exchange end is not working.

Have tried to contact using the ticket no but cant get through.

What are your thought on the attached?

Thanks

Mal

Jayach

It does seem strange that your speeds are so consistent , even after changing the router.

Were any line tests done? Unfortunately you will need to contact them again and report no change.

With that upstream SNR your upload sync should definitely be higher. Maybe they can get Openreach to kick off a DLM reset. (I'm not sure if Vodafone can do it themselves)

https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2018/02/ability-reset-openreach-fttc-broadband-dlm-profiles-ar...

Edit: I should just mention, in case you weren't aware, the sync speed won't change unless the router is reset/rebooted either by yourself, DLM or one of the SNR's dropping to zero.

Thank you.

Will continue to try to get through withmy ticket no which isnt recognised!!!!!!   Patience 🙂

Jayach

From memory it should be the last 6 digits of your fault reference.

it is....not recognised....checked and tripple checked